Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: General visitor Visa Or Partnership visitor visa , Advicse urgent

Default General visitor Visa Or Partnership visitor visa , Advicse urgent

I am a NZ resident and living in NZ from sri lanka , Last December I got Married , my wife still in Sri Lanka. We spend together less than 1 month. I want to apply visitor visa for her , question is , can i apply general visitor visa , just to bring her here first , will nz immigration allow it ?

Immigration instruction V3.15 outlines the partnership requirements to obtain a Visitor Visa via partnership to a New Zealand citizen or Resident Visa holder.

You will not receive advice as to which type of Visitor Visa is most appropriate for your partner, other than from a licensed immigration adviser.

The biggest problem is likely to be that she won't be accepted as a bona fide visitor https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-...tity/bona-fide, because it's obvious that she DOESN'T want to go 'home' at the end of a limited visit. A few people from Asia have been granted a visitor's visa, having explained their situation as being that they want to establish enough evidence for a partner-sponsored visa, but there is no set pattern on this - no certain route.

Thank you both for your valuable inputs. I directly contacted immigration nz , what they said best option is general visitor visa as well , same as jandM explained. lets see , ill update you what happen.

I applied for a partnership work visa after living with my husband for approx 1.5 months and it got declined (and we applied while we were not living together). Visit visa was the better option for us. But we had to provide lots of evidence that he was bona fide because if INZ are not happy with relationship evidence, then they will put a lot of emphasis on whether the applicant has incentives to return to their home country

Quote Originally Posted by lovelife95 View Post
    I applied for a partnership work visa after living with my husband for approx 1.5 months and it got declined (and we applied while we were not living together). Visit visa was the better option for us. But we had to provide lots of evidence that he was bona fide because if INZ are not happy with relationship evidence, then they will put a lot of emphasis on whether the applicant has incentives to return to their home country
    Hi,

Did you applied for a general visitor visa or Partner of a New Zealander Visitor Visa?

I applied for my wife’s partnership based visitor visa with marriage pictures, and explaining that we will collect more evidence once she gets to New Zealand and apply for work visa after that. She got her visitor visa after 2 declined visitor visa.

Quote Originally Posted by sameer456 View Post
    I applied for my wife’s partnership based visitor visa with marriage pictures, and explaining that we will collect more evidence once she gets to New Zealand and apply for work visa after that. She got her visitor visa after 2 declined visitor visa.
    mmm that's really interesting. One of the main criteria for partner of a New Zealander visitor visa is that "You must provide evidence that you and your partner are living together in a genuine and stable relationship." Not sure how this visa can be approved without actually proving the living together part! That would make sense if it was for a general visitor visa and the applicant is a bona fide visitor.
    Well, with INZ you can expect the unexpected.

sameer456 was VERY lucky. There isn't a set route for this scenario (foreign new marriage partner still overseas without much time spent living together).

Quote Originally Posted by MBI View Post
    Hi,

Did you applied for a general visitor visa or Partner of a New Zealander Visitor Visa?
    general visit visa

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast