Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Partnership Work Visa Timeline

Default Partnership Work Visa Timeline

Hello,

Not sure if many people have submitted over the last few months, but does anyone have a current timeline for online partnership work visa applications? Submitted mine on April 1st and got an automated email saying there will be a reply by June 21st. Know some people have said they're being processed at a much quicker rate.

Also, my current working holiday visa expires on April 21st. For the interim visa to be issued is it enough that the Partnership application has been submitted and is under review? Any information would help, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by number125 View Post
    Hello,

Not sure if many people have submitted over the last few months, but does anyone have a current timeline for online partnership work visa applications? Submitted mine on April 1st and got an automated email saying there will be a reply by June 21st. Know some people have said they're being processed at a much quicker rate.

Also, my current working holiday visa expires on April 21st. For the interim visa to be issued is it enough that the Partnership application has been submitted and is under review? Any information would help, thanks.
    I applied for mine in February and it was approved in 4 working days – that may be because I currently have a partnership residency application in the system, so I had a tonne of evidence.

I was told by INZ that If I go from any other work visa to a partnership work visa – I wouldn't be issued an interim visa that gives me the right to work. So you may find that you can't work on your interim visa until the partnership one is approved. They will issue one though as long as you've put your application in.

Hope this helps and good luck!

This was a few months ago, but this was my timeline:

Visitor visa (for my "look, see, decide" trip) granted on 21st June 2018
    Arrived onshore 3rd September 2018

Received job offer (accredited employer) while still onshore on 20th November 2018 (and just as I was preparing to return home!)
    Work visa application submitted on 22nd November 2018
    Work visa granted on 30th November 2018

Partner work visa application submitted on 7th December 2018 (waiting list for her to do her medical offshore).
    Partner work visa granted on 8th January 2019
    Finally reunited with partner on 2nd February 2019

Thanks a lot for the information!

Glad to hear about the interim visa. Does anybody know when the interim's tend to get issued? My working holiday visa expires in ten days and I haven't heard anything about the new application or a pending interim. Will it be issued the day my current visa expires or a few days in advance? Getting a bit nervous as the deadline looms that a negative decision will be made on April 19th and that without the interim I'd have two days go get out.

They should do it automatically but give them a call maybe a few days before to see what's happening. Good luck 👍

You have the acknowledgement that your new application is in, so the interim visa will be issued to take over from your existing visa, but you probably won't get a notification that it has happened till two to three weeks afterwards. I know, it doesn't help the nerves. You WON'T have to leave.

Ah, that's great to know thank you!

Hello,

Just providing you my experience so far.

I met my partner while I was on a working Holiday here. We lived together for 6 weeks before my Visa expired and I had to temporarily leave NZ to work and see my family. This was mid Feb 2018.

I applied for a Partnership Work Visa Aug 24, 2018.
    Quickly was suggested that I accept a Partnership Visitor Visa instead as we had a low chance of approval due to our short amount of time living together. (they did say they do believe we are in a genuine and stable relationship)
    I accepted the Visitor Visa and decided to not push forward with my Partnership application. I came back to NZ Nov 2018.

Feb 19 - Submitted Partnership Work Visa application online.

I have confirmed this morning that my application is still in the queue and has not been assigned a Case Officer yet.
    Each time I contact them - I am given slightly different information.
    One told me it was 3 months minimum for that type of Visa right now, another told me that I could be in the queue for up to 3 months maybe longer before getting assigned to a Case Officer. They both confirmed that there have been no checks or anything else that is holding up my application.

In retrospect, I should have allowed for my previous application to go through all of the checks instead of just accepting the Visitor Visa and at least have tried. I had no idea that immigration would soon be going through a restructure and start accruing a huge backlog. Bad timing and not being able to work while I wait to see if I get to stay and build a life with my partner is absolute wearing on my mental health.

Thank goodness for runs being so beautiful in NZ and for having such a great partner worth it all. Sending love for anyone else who is going through this waiting game!

Best of luck on your processing and I am glad that it seems you will have an interim Visa no problem

Approved!!!! Thanks for all the help and information. Wound up taking only 13 days. Not sure why as my evidence was far from overwhelming (mostly only having lived together for 8 weeks and split finances for 4) but god my nerves have been reset. Good luck to you cannoli, hope it comes out well.

Congratulations!

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast