Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Partnership work visa

Default Partnership work visa

Hi all

First of all I am so grateful for JandM for passing on my request to be able to finally post on here (i have been scrolling and reading posts everyday since October last year and can finally post!! Yay!)

My husband and I are applying for a partnership based work visa and I had some questions, I would be grateful if anyone could please help us out on here

We applied for a partnership based work visa in March last year which was declined as we were not living together.

We then applied for a visit visa in September last year. This was also declined. However our LIA pushed us to apply for a reassessment (even though he was overseas). The manager approved the application for reassessment of the visit visa and assigned the case to another case officer.

After a thorough process including phone interviews and third party checks, his visit visa was finally granted. He arrived in NZ on 5 January (has a 6 month visa).

When filling in the online form we are not sure how many declined visas he has. Would the visa that was declined and then approved after reassessment be considered a second declined visa?

(We have requested his immigration file and we were hoping that would shed some light on it however it has been 20 working days and we still have not received it)

Thank you in advance!

When filling in the online form we are not sure how many declined visas he has. Would the visa that was declined and then approved after reassessment be considered a second declined visa?
    I don't think so, as the first 'verdict' was found incorrect and not allowed to stand.

Thank you! I also had another question regarding filling in the form regarding my husband's employment.

some background: When we applied for the general visit visa, we had to provide lots of information alongside our relationship evidence to show he was bona fide (like property, bank account statements, sources of income, connections to family). For his employment, the company he worked at allowed him to take extended unpaid leave which was great to show he did have incentives to return in case "the relationship were to break down". We supplied a leave approval letter and explained in our cover letter that we will decide if we want to extend his visit or return to his home country after spending time in NZ. After living together for 3 months, we are now eligible to apply for partnership so we believe he is bona fide that way and he can leave the job in his home country (which he is on leave from).

Question:

When filling in the online form, it asks about his current employment status. We are not sure what to put down for that. Should we leave it blank and let INZ know that he intends to resign? but then again what if that goes against the "bona fide" thing?

Does him being in NZ on a 6 month visa while on leave count as "working"?

When the visit visa was initially declined, the case officer mentioned that he is not bona fide because he is taking extended leave (weak connection to work) which shows he does not have incentives to return. However during the reassessment, we are not sure if his job in his home country actually helped him get the visit visa as most of the questions they asked during the phone interview were to do with our relationship so maybe it is not important? (really wish I had the immigration file by now so we could see if they put emphasis on that).

Thank you in advance for any response! We are very nervous about this application as the journey has been rough so far and we don't want to provide incorrect information by mistake.

Does him being in NZ on a 6 month visa while on leave count as "working"?
    Yes, he is still employed. According to the evidence you have already submitted, he hasn't resigned and they would still have him back. That doesn't mean, though, that he can't give in his final notice the moment his next visa is granted (so he is still being honest, which is the important thing for appearing bona fide).

We are almost set to upload all our documents and submit our application. It has come to our attention that for a work visa, the applicant needs to show bank account statements for previous 6 months (see image) even thought I am supporting him financially and he will be able to work then??

Screen Shot 2019-04-13 at 9.36.41 PM.jpg

Anyway, we only have the previous 3 statements for January, february, and march for our joint bank account. He does have statements from his overseas bank but we are not sure if we can provide them as they date up to August 2018 and we cannot access his overseas account from NZ.

Would it matter if we only provide the 3 statements we have and upload the others while the application continues to be processed?

Should I just show my own bank statements from the last 6 months to show I can support him?

Many thanks for your kind responses

provide the 3 statements we have and upload the others while the application continues to be processed?

Should I just show my own bank statements from the last 6 months to show I can support him?
    In your place, I would do both those things.

Thanks JandM, we did just that after your advice. We submitted our application online on Monday 15th April. Now we wait patiently (and nervously)

I was just looking at the INZ website again and came across the requirements again regarding funds (see below)

Screen Shot 2019-04-21 at 9.05.58 PM.jpg

I did not fill in this form and am wondering if I need to? there was nothing about sponsorship as we were uploading documents on the online application so I completely overlooked this

I did upload my Savings bank account statements showing my funds as the supporting partner and the joint account ones (which don't have high funds as I just transfer money into that account when needed for our use). Would uploading my bank account statements showing my funds be sufficient? My partner does have online access to all these accounts but his name is only on the joint statements

No, you did not have to fill in that form. That list is a string of possibilities, which are not ALL necessary. When it comes to his application being processed, if the situation is not clear to the CO, s/he will contact you, and you can explain and show proof of your partner's access to those accounts then if required.

We are still waiting to be assigned a CO as of 11 June, hopefully we get one soon. With the current processing time, it looks like the visa will not be processed before my husband's current visa expires. I have read threads about interim visas but I am wondering if they are always granted? We sent an email to the contact center enquiring about whether an interim visa will be granted and the reply was:

"an interim visa may be granted to you to maintain your lawful status in NZ while we are processing your visa application. In most cases, it will be sent out via email few days prior to your visa expiry"

the only thing that's worrying us is the wording "may be granted" - are there situations when it might not be? Do they always send an email about it?

Interim visas - almost never not issued. I think that wording is just to reserve INZ's position IN CASE of something adverse coming to light. According to ChrisMwn, the LIA who often posts here, the Interim visa is issued on the day that the previous visa expires, and it's in the system, so your husband or anyone with any concerns could check his legality, but the email notification sometimes doesn't come through for some time, even several weeks.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast