Thread: IQA - Teaching Registration and Syllabus Translation

Default IQA - Teaching Registration and Syllabus Translation

Hello guys,

After following this forum for months I decided to join, so thank you so much for all the information provided.

I am currently in NZ under Essentials Skills Visa in hospitality. I am teacher in Spain and I am starting the whole process to become a teacher in this wonderful country. Hopefully I am going to start my IQA soon, but for teaching registration it is not only needed the Transcript (Subjects, grades and credits) BUT also the Syllabus of your qualification as a teacher, so they can compare my qualification with the standards in NZ. In this document (Syllabus) it can be found all the information related to your education in pedagogy. The main problem is that a Syllabus of a whole master's degree is more than 100 pages. If I have to translate that, for example, trough TransNational, it is going to cost more than ten thousand dollars (not kidding, it is bloody expensive).

I read everything in this forum about IQA and different experiences. But for teaching registration, I understand that they have to compare my qualification with the standards in NZ. What I want to know is if some non-english teacher had to translate the whole syllabus, or just a part of it.

I cant face that expense right now, and I am freaking out.

Thank you very much guys.

Hello and welcome.

I haven't seen another foreign-qualified teacher mention this aspect of things on the threads. Here's hoping one will turn up who can share their experience.

Thank you JanM.

Maybe at least some registered teacher can tell me if they always ask for the syllabus? Is there any teacher that haven't needed to send a syllabus/program of the master's degree?

Cheers!

Well, next week I am going to apply for my IQA. It seems I am going to be a pioneer

Good luck!

Yes, I'm afraid you're right. A few years ago, there used to be quite a lot of teachers who came in as Skilled Migrants, but then INZ pretty well closed that (fairly straightforward) route.

Hello again!

Well, It seems there is no other foreign teachers around. I am going to update this thread and I'll keep you guys informed of the process so I can help someone in the future .

Application type: IQA (International Qualification Assessment)
    Qualification: Degree + Masters Degree
    Date submitted: 27 April 2019
    Action: No action required

To be honest, I am expecting them asking for the syllabus so I can ask directly what they need and if they can provide any solution. I think they should understand that I cannot spend more than 3 thousand dollars just in translations... But let's see anyway. Who knows However, I still optimistic.

Thank you very much guys

Update!!!!

Application type: IQA (International Qualification Assessment)
    Qualification: Degree + Masters Degree
    Date submitted: 27 April 2019
    Date completed: 29 May 2019

They didn't ask for any syllabus or any type of document apart of the diploma and the academic record. I'm sooooo happy. I am one step closer to the registration.

Good news.