Page 110 of 118 FirstFirst ... 108109110111112 ... LastLast
Results 1,091 to 1,100 of 1176

Thread: Resident Visa partnership Timeline

Yes, I also just noticed the "on hand" document sates "Tendered at INZ, but not necessarily accepted for processing" So I guess that's all applications sent in, but before they are actually lodged (aka some will be missing documents or so and not get lodged)?

Covid makes sense. I am still however shocked that the backlog for a work visa is much longer than a residency one.
    I lodged my work visa August 8th, it's not even assigned an officer yet, lodged my residency visa last friday September 24th. We shall see.

On another note, would it look bad if I withdrew the work visa and simply waited for the residency one to come through? I am currently on a student visa (not expiring anytime soon). It might be faster to get processed anyway by the looks of it.

If anyone is interested about the current partnership residency backlog: on 22nd September they started working on applications from 27th August (2021). Double checked.

Hello guys I had been deported back to home country 2 yrs and 7 months ago and my partnership residence visa got declined in april 2021 because of five year ban imposed on me.

I want to appeal to minister for grant of special direction as they are looking bit lenient as in case of big policy shift.

I still have ban of 2 year and 5 months left. Should I request for grant of special direction? I am living offshore.

As I've written to you before, nobody here can tell you what to do - lay persons are not allowed to advise on immigration matters.

My reading of the recent INZ announcements is not that they are more lenient to law breakers, though. They're only aiming to cut down the time it will take to sort out the muddle that has resulted from the pandemic-related border closure on top of the backlog that already existed.

A small update:

application lodged: 24/9/2021
    CO contact asking for partner's bank statements: 26/10/2021
    Documents uploaded: 26/10/2021

Assuming it might take another week or so for my CO to get back to our application and process what I have just uploaded?

Yes. Your CO will be working scores of cases in rotation with yours, so s/he won't look at the information you've supplied until your file has worked its way round to get its next turn for her/his attention.

Hey guys,
    a small update again. My CO just uploaded a document to my online account, saying
    "Our assessment of your applicationWe have completed a further assessment of your application and need more information before we can go any further. Please send the following:Please send your passport into the address below so that it can be scanned into our system."

Could anyone please give me idiot proof directions how I can do that without it getting lost or something? I've never had to do this before. Also is this a good sign that it will be approved soon or what does this mean? Thanks!

It's way more simple than you're making it out to be -- just find a reliable courier service and get them to send your passport off to the address specified. Once INZ receives your passport, they'll scan it into their system (which may take a while due to Covid restrictions) and then return it to you. It's not a bad idea to additionally send a copy of the document that the CO has provided requesting your passport, as it will help the INZ clerks match your passport to your application.

I personally prefer using DHL for critical documents like this. They're not cheap and you will need access to a printer to print off the shipping label, but once the package is in their network, it moves quickly and will almost certainly reach its intended destination; plus, they will come to your door to collect your package, which may be an important consideration depending on your local Covid restrictions. Having said all of that, if you can get to an NZ Post outlet, that will be absolutely fine as well -- just keep in mind that they are experiencing Covid-related delays at present, and you should definitely use the Courier sending option (with the "signature on delivery" add-on). My partner's business has had countless issues with NZ Couriers, so that's one that you may wish to avoid.

I might have to call them, we don't have a printer and are in lockdown so I can't just go somewhere to get it printed..Thanks for the DHL tip!
    How does the mailing my passport back work? Does Immigration take care of all of that and I don't have to worry at all?

CO actually added her name and # of application to the address so I'm guessing I should put that on the shipping address. Again, no printer, so I might just handwrite a note and add it.

I am freaking out a tiny bit as sending a passport is quite scary since if it gets lost, I'm screwed because I'd have to go to Sydney to get a new one. And that's not possible.

And is asking for the passport a good sign or is it likely it hasn't even gone to 2PC yet and is just another procedure?

It's probably easiest for you to just pop over to your local NZ Post outlet then -- they should be open in Level 3 (though possibly with reduced hours) and let them handle the sending for you. Explain the situation, and ensure that you go for the Courier with signature sending option. I would put the CO's name and application number on the shipping address.

INZ will handle the return of your passport themselves; it will go to the return address you specified when submitting your application. If you want it returned elsewhere (e.g. your address has changed, or you specified a business address that is now closed due to Covid alert levels), there isn't a defined procedure for this, but I would personally include a cover letter specifying a return address.

Page 110 of 118 FirstFirst ... 108109110111112 ... LastLast