Page 3 of 118 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Resident Visa partnership Timeline

O yeah u guys are so right I even didn't hot case officer yet and I submitted my paper application in November its almost 6 months

Yay I’ve just received an email regarding my resident visa application stating that initial assessment has been completed and I need to provide some extra evidence that we are and have been living together for the past 3 months. I also need to send my passport to the VAC in Sydney for authentication. I am going home to Germany on the 25th of June, is that enough time for me to get my passport sent back? I’m very excited right now 😊

Quote Originally Posted by Hilleb View Post
    Yay I’ve just received an email regarding my resident visa application stating that initial assessment has been completed and I need to provide some extra evidence that we are and have been living together for the past 3 months. I also need to send my passport to the VAC in Sydney for authentication. I am going home to Germany on the 25th of June, is that enough time for me to get my passport sent back? I’m very excited right now ��
    They'll probably return it as soon as it's been sighted, so it should definitely be back before June 25th.

Our timeline with submitting passports to the VAC (albeit Pretoria, not Sydney) was as follows: courier collected passports from us in Cape Town on Day 1, delivered to VAC on Day 2, VAC sent them back via courier on Day 3, in our possession again on Day 4. Disclaimer though: these were for temporary visas (we applied for residence onshore), so no idea if the VAC will hold on to them longer by virtue of it being a residence application.

Yay I’ve just received an email regarding my resident visa application stating that initial assessment has been completed and I need to provide some extra evidence that we are and have been living together for the past 3 months. I also need to send my passport to the VAC in Sydney for authentication. I am going home to Germany on the 25th of June, is that enough time for me to get my passport sent back? I’m very excited right now 😊
    Wow.. Happy to hear that hilleb. Hope for an update for my application also.
    (Applied online-Jan. 16,2019)

Great to be seeing progress and Lyn hopefully you will be the next to be contacted.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelerei View Post
    They'll probably return it as soon as it's been sighted, so it should definitely be back before June 25th.

Our timeline with submitting passports to the VAC (albeit Pretoria, not Sydney) was as follows: courier collected passports from us in Cape Town on Day 1, delivered to VAC on Day 2, VAC sent them back via courier on Day 3, in our possession again on Day 4. Disclaimer though: these were for temporary visas (we applied for residence onshore), so no idea if the VAC will hold on to them longer by virtue of it being a residence application.
    Thank you very much, I will give them a call tomorrow anyway to see what they say. I am not really too sure how to send it either as australia post is sooooo slooooow. 😉 I Hope everyone gets some good news soon!

Hiii egoodhue hope u r doing good did u have word with INZ lately and did u got any update regarding paper applications under partnership category???

Hilleb Goodluck my friend

Thank you very much, I will give them a call tomorrow anyway to see what they say. I am not really too sure how to send it either as australia post is sooooo slooooow. �� I Hope everyone gets some good news soon!
    Personally, I would always send passports via courier: it may be more expensive, but it's a valuable document that you're dealing with.

Over on this side of the ditch, New Zealand Post actually won't accept passports for postage unless you use their courier plus signature service (domestic), or International Express Courier (international; used when we recently renewed my partner's UK passport). Back in South Africa, DHL did the trick (the South African post office is notoriously slow and unreliable).

Finally got a case officer!

She says she has completed her initial assessment and just needs some more documents from Jan-May.

I submitted on 8th Jan 2019

Page 3 of 118 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast