Page 50 of 118 FirstFirst ... 4849505152 ... LastLast

Thread: Resident Visa partnership Timeline

Quote Originally Posted by benharris249 View Post
    Hi all, been reading through here for a while so thought I'd share my timeline so far:

Applied: 22 Sept 2019 (+ Paid)
    Support Officer Updated: 28 Sept 2019 (Had to resubmit a form as i missed a check box!)
    Accepted and Forwarded on 4th October 2019.

Just waiting on a CO, from reading this thread its looking like an average of 5-6 month period before you get a CO so I've got a while yet! Been here 5 years so far and have previously sent all my documents for work visas so hoping that speeds things up a bit.
    My current work visa expires next June so really hoping I don't have to apply for another work visa before then just for the sake of an interim visa!
    Same timeline as me as I applied on the 17th Sept, and got an email asking to have an updated medical as my passed one expired the month before! Not heard anything and not expecting to until next year! Current visa runs out in April so we’ll see how that goes!

Does anyone know if they store info from previous applications as future proof etc?

not 100% sure on how it works but id imagine they store it. I can see my previous visas in my RealME account online and can download every attachment i uploaded previously. But unsure as to whether they actually use it, I.E passport, surely they don't need to see it again as it was sent in with my first application and doesn't expire for another couple of years.

Quote Originally Posted by benharris249 View Post
    not 100% sure on how it works but id imagine they store it. I can see my previous visas in my RealME account online and can download every attachment i uploaded previously. But unsure as to whether they actually use it, I.E passport, surely they don't need to see it again as it was sent in with my first application and doesn't expire for another couple of years.
    If you've applied for partnership residency you will need to send your passport in again once you get a CO.

Obviously, the CO for your present application knows what visas you have had before, but s/he has to check out your evidence for her/himself, not rely on the past. You have to supply everything afresh, not expect that they will just look back. Also, the most important evidence for a partner-sponsored residence visa is what covers the 12 months up to the application. Then, it's routine for the CO to require more partnership proof covering the time of processing just before they issue a visa, to be sure they're not awarding rights to someone whose relationship has broken up in the meantime.

My update:

At the end of September I had my PPI letter about my DUI. I wrote yet another letter to the CO about this along with another letter from my future SIL and more recent evidence of my partner and I relationship. My LIA sent this off at the beginning of October but due to issues within the internal mail system at INZ my CO didn’t get these until mid October.

I emailed my LIA on Monday as my current partnership visa is due to expire on the 8th December. She was informed that my application for the character waiver had been sent for assessment and has been in the que for 2 weeks (can take up to 8 apparently) my CO said that there is no way to expedite this process so I now have to wait!

She will hold out for as long as possible before putting in another application for a work visa but I’m not hopeful! Looks like another lot of $$$ to go to a visa that I may only have as an interm visa

It’s getting very frustrating seeing as I’m giving them the information they require well before the deadline they provide and that my application has been in since March!

Just received a letter from INZ today stating the following:

Our decision on your application
    I am pleased to tell you that your application for a resident visa - Partnership has been approved in principle. Your resident visa will be granted subject to you meeting the requirements set out in this letter.
    Please send a copy of this letter and the below document(s) by 25/05/2020.
    Original Passport for: XXX

Since we're travelling overseas over Christmas, we'll do it at the beginning of January to avoid any unnecessary stress.

Has anyone else had such a letter stating "approved in principle"?

Yes, this frequently happens. It's often subject to (like yours) a sight of the actual passport, or else a new X-ray.

Congratulations!

Quote Originally Posted by polskiwi View Post
    Just received a letter from INZ today stating the following:

Our decision on your application
    I am pleased to tell you that your application for a resident visa - Partnership has been approved in principle. Your resident visa will be granted subject to you meeting the requirements set out in this letter.
    Please send a copy of this letter and the below document(s) by 25/05/2020.
    Original Passport for: XXX

Since we're travelling overseas over Christmas, we'll do it at the beginning of January to avoid any unnecessary stress.

Has anyone else had such a letter stating "approved in principle"?
    Congratulations Polskiwi

Quote Originally Posted by alamsandhu01 View Post
    applied on end of May. Haven't heard anything from INZ.
    6 month since online residence application lodged. no news of CO allocation yet.

Quote Originally Posted by alamsandhu01 View Post
    6 month since online residence application lodged. no news of CO allocation yet.
    Is the online residence application that you mentioned for partnership residence? I applied SMC and send all documents in hardcopy. I was thinking if there is anyway that I submit additional documents as softcopy- by email or upload. But doesn't seem to be any option.

Page 50 of 118 FirstFirst ... 4849505152 ... LastLast