Page 77 of 118 FirstFirst ... 7576777879 ... LastLast

Thread: Resident Visa partnership Timeline

Quote Originally Posted by parenghilton View Post
    just want to share my timeline

October 3, 2019- applied for resident visa partner of a new zealander
    June 5, 2020 - Received email from CO asking for latest joint account details and statements. Also asked why I went outside NZ for 2 weeks without my partner.
    June 7, 2020 - Uploaded documents and explanation.
    July 10, 2020 - CO called me to check if we uploaded the police certificate of my partner. Co also called landlord and friends to verify letters. CO just asked them if they know me and my partner.
    July 20, 2020 - Status Changed to Approved
    July 21, 2020 - Received the E-visa
    Congratulations!!!!!! Will never have to worry about visas hey (except for the one 2 years from now) 😉

Regarding CO called your friends to verify letters. Did they just say “hello I’m calling from IMMI NZ and do you know A and B” and then that’s it. Hang up the call ?!?!?

Thank you ParengHilton 👍

Quote Originally Posted by potatoqueen View Post
    Congratulations!!!!!! Will never have to worry about visas hey (except for the one 2 years from now) ��

Regarding CO called your friends to verify letters. Did they just say “hello I’m calling from IMMI NZ and do you know A and B” and then that’s it. Hang up the call ?!?!?

Thank you ParengHilton ��
    Welcome potatoqueen...

yes thats the only question. :-)
    Last edited by parenghilton; 1st August 2020 at 12:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by parenghilton View Post
    Welcome potatoqueen...

yes thats the only question. :-)
    Oh wow that’s surprising aye.

Anyway congrats Again 🎊🎉🎈

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    You do not need to apply for another work visa as you already have the AIP.

What is happening is that the verification of her passport and sending it back, and the sending out of the eVisa, is dealt with by clerks in different departments, each with their own date-order queue, so they're not necessarily exactly in phase with one another, but you really should not have to wait long now.

I can understand that you're feeling uncomfortable about it. In your place, I would phone INZ and say that you're worried because of the expiry date of her work visa.
    Thanks JandM,
    We had a chat with INZ yesterday and they told us that we need to apply for a work visa as they don't know how long it's gonna take to issue a residency e-visa. we called INZ 2 times and got the same answer.
    It's really annoying to spend $635 again on work visa when you got a residency. We can apply for a work visa but it's not worth to apply for a visa again as we can get the residency e-visa any day.
    Anyone here know the time frame between the AIP letter and e-visa issued?

Thanks heaps

Update on our application..CO called today to let us know they've received all the information we submitted and that it looks good but now they are just waiting for a "Third party check" from the home country which is done by a team in NZ. Said it can take up to 6 months and that if it does I might have upload more relationship evidence as they require evidence to be no more than 3 months old

Just wondering, what could they mean by a third party check for a partner resident visa? I read somewhere on this forum that third party check can be to check work history etc but that was for SMC visa

Also is anyone else being told the same thing about a third party check? The country of origin is Pakistan (high risk country)

Any input would be highly appreciated

Quote Originally Posted by lovelife95 View Post
    Update on our application..CO called today to let us know they've received all the information we submitted and that it looks good but now they are just waiting for a "Third party check" from the home country which is done by a team in NZ. Said it can take up to 6 months and that if it does I might have upload more relationship evidence as they require evidence to be no more than 3 months old

Just wondering, what could they mean by a third party check for a partner resident visa? I read somewhere on this forum that third party check can be to check work history etc but that was for SMC visa

Also is anyone else being told the same thing about a third party check? The country of origin is Pakistan (high risk country)

Any input would be highly appreciated
    This is pure speculation on my part, but it may be the National Security Check. If you were requested to fill out the INZ 1209 form at any point during your application, it could well be this -- previous posters on this forum who have gone through this have indicated that it does involve checking with relevant authorities in your home country, and it can take 6 (or more!) months to complete depending on how quickly said authorities respond to INZ.

Does it happen often?

Quote Originally Posted by dagmarak View Post
    Does it happen often?
    Here is an old post explaining what the NSC is for. https://www.enz.org/forum/showthread...848#post495848
    And here is a thread covering various details about it. https://www.enz.org/forum/showthread.php?t=43853

Quote Originally Posted by Kelerei View Post
    This is pure speculation on my part, but it may be the National Security Check. If you were requested to fill out the INZ 1209 form at any point during your application, it could well be this -- previous posters on this forum who have gone through this have indicated that it does involve checking with relevant authorities in your home country, and it can take 6 (or more!) months to complete depending on how quickly said authorities respond to INZ.
    So all 3 previous visas my partner has applied for they have done an NSC but we've never been asked to fill out the 1209 form. We know they have done NSC because we requested the immigration file after each visa which has the date for when NSC was requested by the CO and when it was received. Every time they did NSC in the past it took around a week based on the dates on the file..

We also thought NSC took months based on other threads here but it never did for us. I wonder how long it will take this time. I will keep updating on here :

all very interesting was goes on behind the scenes.

Quote Originally Posted by Laurence1991 View Post
    You give me a lot of hope that I'm not too far behind!

Applied 23rd February on-shore.
    CO allocated 7th August.
    So far just stated to ensure I have enough photos and evidence likes bills attached to my application.

They seem to be going very quickly at allocation so fingers crossed!

Page 77 of 118 FirstFirst ... 7576777879 ... LastLast