Page 97 of 118 FirstFirst ... 9596979899 ... LastLast

Thread: Resident Visa partnership Timeline

Quote Originally Posted by gcapd View Post
    There seems to be miscommunication between you and INZ. When did you lodge your application and was it online or paper-based?

It was online. The miscommunication was identified and remedied.

The miscommunication was that INZ asked me for two things and then I emailed saying I had already submitted those two things. They agreed and said I did not need to resubmit those things and then they emailed again saying actually I did.

So I submitted them again. Now I know they are just waiting on my police check. There is a lot of context I'm not providing but that is just a summary of it. I reckon is it not useful for anyone to know more unless they have a supporting partner who worked on cruise ships in the last 10 years.

Quote Originally Posted by cannoli View Post

The miscommunication was that INZ asked me for two things and then I emailed saying I had already submitted those two things. They agreed and said I did not need to resubmit those things and then they emailed again saying actually I did.

So I submitted them again. Now I know they are just waiting on my police check. There is a lot of context I'm not providing but that is just a summary of it. I reckon is it not useful for anyone to know more unless they have a supporting partner who worked on cruise ships in the last 10 years.
    I was wondering if they actually do a proper job on reviewing our applications. This makes me remember my student visa before. When i applied for my student visa (onshore), I wrote a very long cover letter explaining why I wanted to study here and why I chose the major. After 7 weeks of waiting, they emailed me and asked me why I wanted to study here and why I chose the major. (Dude! I literally wrote a long as letter to explain everything, did you ever read it through). I emailed them and explained that everything was clearly explained in my cover letter, then they said “ok you don’t need to give an answer to my concern”. But anyway, good luck Cannoli, not long now for you

Based on mostly of your timeframe for visa approval it seems that there is no more a Second Person Check? I thought this must always be done before issuing a visa and it can take up to 2-4 weeks to complete.

When did you apply. The requirements they are furnishing sounds like they are completing your documents for a succesful lodgement.

Based on mostly of your timeframe for visa approval it seems that there is no more a Second Person Check? I thought this must always be done before issuing a visa and it can take up to 2-4 weeks to complete.
    A 2pc itself only takes about twenty minutes. It's waiting your case's turn that can rack up the time.

Yes, I talked to my immigration officer today and she said she will complete my application tomorrow morning and then will be sending it off for 2pc (well she called it a quality check). Which she told me is mandatory for all residency applications. She also advised that the long queue made this process take 8 weeks but that it has been much faster lately and said could take less than 2 weeks. But yes, waiting in the queue is the part that takes the time.

I will update you on the exact timeframes once my 2pc has been completed.

Cheers!

Hi cannoli, when you said you talked to her: did you ring her yourself or did she reach out to you? I'd love to call my CO, but am very hesitant! Don't want to come across as pushy.

You actually don't need to call her if you are hesitant. You csn send her an EMAIL instead.

Yes, I talked to my immigration officer today and she said she will complete my application tomorrow morning and then will be sending it off for 2pc (well she called it a quality check). Which she told me is mandatory for all residency applications. She also advised that the long queue made this process take 8 weeks but that it has been much faster lately and said could take less than 2 weeks. But yes, waiting in the queue is the part that takes the time.

I will update you on the exact timeframes once my 2pc has been completed.

Cheers!
    Thank you. The quick queing would have probably caused by the stoppage of most visa types due to Covid pandemic. I also noticed that when calling the ICC nowadays only takes few minutes for someone to answer the call but before Covid hits it was almost more than an hour wait in the phone line.

Quote Originally Posted by Aramis View Post
    Hi cannoli, when you said you talked to her: did you ring her yourself or did she reach out to you? I'd love to call my CO, but am very hesitant! Don't want to come across as pushy.
    We had been emailing back and forth in regards to things still needed for my application. My CO called me to let me know I did not have to upload any further docs after I sent an email asking such.
    I found my CO super helpful through email though .

Page 97 of 118 FirstFirst ... 9596979899 ... LastLast