Page 2 of 118 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Resident Visa partnership Timeline

Ohh okay egoodhue but thanks a lot for update

Quote Originally Posted by Ranjodh View Post
    Oh OK jandm but I called immigration 2 days ago the call center says I have no CO yet did they also don't have updates regarding that?
    The telephone answerers work from what information they find on the computer system. What they tell you depends on various things - how good that person is at looking, and how recently any INZ official in the office may have entered what they have been doing, for example.

INZ stopped giving updates routinely on the working of cases more than a year ago, so most people just find out that they have a CO if that CO contacts them asking for more information, or if the telephone answerer can see someone has been working on the file.

Fair enough jandm u are right hope I will get any update soon it is so irritating when we have to wait long lolz thanks for reply jandm

Partnership Visa
    Jan. 16,2019- applied online
    Jan.18- money deducted
    Jan.21- they ask for latest police checks and updated partnership form. (Not a case officer)
    Jan.28- said that they will forward the papers to the processing branch.

*we already called the immigration 3x about update and still allocating for Case Officer.

Its already 3 months since we submit our application and until now there is no CO 😭😭😭.

Here https://www.enz.org/forum/showthread...884#post579884 is the most recent update about partner-sponsored residence applications being allocated to a CO. EGoodhue is an LIA who gets this information from INZ in the course of her work.

All work for INZ at the moment involves long queues while they clear backlogs which began to build up at the end of last year. They are saying publicly that things are beginning to improve, but for the moment, there is little sign of it for most applicants. All that said, what is happening with your application - waiting in the date-order queue till your file is in first place and gets taken by the next CO with work capacity spare - is entirely normal. Cases submitted a month ahead of yours are only just being taken.

Thanx jandm and egoodhue that u both direct us and keep us patient thanks both of u for updates

HI GUYS , any news ? Any update? Hehe

No news for me yet. I applied for a resident visa and a work visa based on partnership. They were both online applications from outside of NZ. The reason I decided to apply for a Work Visa later was that I am worried my Resident Visa might not go through in time. I am from Germany and met my Kiwi husband in Australia where we have lived together for over 5 years. We are ready to move back to his home town and my Australian Visa expires in November this year. So hopefully all goes well and one of the Visa's will be granted in time.

Resident Visa:
    01/01/19 Applied online, payment came out immediately.
    09/01/19 Received and email requesting my Husbands police clearance with fingerprint check
    02/04/19 I contacted INZ via phone to hear if there is any update and they said my application hadn't been assigned to a CO yet
    Haven't heard anything since

Work Visa
    21/04/19 Applied online
    23/04/19 Received an email from INZ stating that my application had been received
    Haven't heard anything since.

Last year alot of people got approved even before 4months , this year is something else . Let's keep the update. Good luck to all of us .

Quote Originally Posted by onyiking View Post
    Last year alot of people got approved even before 4months , this year is something else . Let's keep the update. Good luck to all of us .

You're right about this year being something else. In my case it took 4.5 months to get an officer assigned. Here's the timeline so far (shared in a different thread, pasting here):

Submitted online on the 20th Dec 2018;
    Fees deducted immediately on the same day;
    NSC came back 15 Jan 2019;
    IO allocation 07 May 2019 (Hamilton branch);
    IO emailed 08 May advising initial assessment is complete but additional info is needed: relationship evidence from Jan to May 2019 and other personal info;
    All evidence and other bits uploaded 10 May (3 am - don't ask! );
    10 May morning - IO emailed back saying application sent for 2PC.

Page 2 of 118 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast