Page 113 of 118 FirstFirst ... 111112113114115 ... LastLast
Results 1,121 to 1,130 of 1176

Thread: Resident Visa partnership Timeline

Hi all, brand new member here. Just applied offshore for Partner Residency visa online late last night (8 November). I've been married to and living with my partner overseas for over 5 years, so we'll see if I am granted permanent residency. Current wait time for residency visas is listed as 12 months or less.

Quote Originally Posted by marula2015 View Post
    Hi all, brand new member here. Just applied offshore for Partner Residency visa online late last night (8 November). I've been married to and living with my partner overseas for over 5 years, so we'll see if I am granted permanent residency. Current wait time for residency visas is listed as 12 months or less.
    Good luck on our wait . The waiting is ridiculous but stay positive and don’t think so much about it but continue saving & gathering evidences of your relationship as INZ may contact you anytime to request some more . Stay blessed

Quote Originally Posted by gusmog View Post
    I thought would be nice to share my experience.
    - Married to a permanent resident for 5 years, together for 10 years;
    - We lived together in NZ for 1 year and outside NZ for 3 years;
    - We submitted a good amount of detail (tenancy agreements, marriage certificate, insurances, online chats, letters from family, financial disclosure, trips together, pictures, two-page timeline)

Application submitted: 11/01/2022
    More documentation (health): 23/05/2022
    More documentation (Evidence of financial interdependence, living together, and English requirement): 03/07/2022
    Visa approved: 11/07/2022
    Hi There,
    Congratulations.
    I have one question though. You mentioned something about the English requirement. What was that? As far as I know, there is no English requirement for a partner resident visa.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NZ029 View Post
    You mentioned something about the English requirement. What was that? As far as I know, there is no English requirement for a partner resident visa.
    I applied for the residence as ‘Partner of a New Zealander’ visa and there was an English requirement for that. However being from the UK I automatically met this requirement without needing to take any tests. Here’s some more information about the requirements (https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-...esidence-visas), it sounds like you’re applying for the same visa, though it might be worth checking with a proper immigration adviser to confirm.
    Last edited by MattH1; 14th November 2022 at 08:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by marula2015 View Post
    Good luck in your application, as mentioned in other posts the wait time is hard going. The initial queue to get assigned to a CO (assuming you submit a case with all basic paperwork in order) seems to be about 5-6 months at the moment, after that the wait time probably depends on the complexity of your case, it’s a long and difficult wait but it will all be worth it in the end.

Quote Originally Posted by NZ029 View Post
    I have one question though. You mentioned something about the English requirement. What was that? As far as I know, there is no English requirement for a partner resident visa.
    Usually, there is indeed no English requirement for the Partnership Category. However, in a specific set of circumstances, an English language requirement for the Partnership Category will be imposed: if the applicant was eligible to be included as a partner in an earlier successful application under a residence category where there is an English language requirement (e.g. Skilled Migrant Category), but wasn't included in that application. See F2.40.1.

Default Partner Resident Visa Timeline

I haven't seen people sharing their partnership resident visa timelines recently. So I thought I should start a new thread.

21 Nov: Applied for the Partnership Resident Visa
    21 Nov: Received a Tax Invoice

Since then, we haven't received any update. No acknowledgement or anything.
    This is the first time I am having to wait for an acknowledgement for so long.

There is already a thread where people are used to looking for updates (where we are here), so I've merged your information onto it.

I have been hearing from several people that many INZ offices are not yet back up to the levels of staffing, and staff training, that they were at before the pandemic. They lost some people due to illness, or family difficulties due to the lockdown, and it's not quick and easy to replace them.

Hello everyone, I'm new here. I applied offshore for an RV based on my marriage with a NZ PR holder. I've included our 2 children as secondary applicants.

Here's my timeline.
    Submitted online (offshore) 28 July 2022
    Further "living together evidence" requested on 28 Nov 2022
    Evidence submitted on 4th Dec 2022

I've called INZ hotline several times, but have been unable to speak with someone (pre-recorded prompt asking me to leave a voicemail instead). May I know whether this is common and whether the closing hours are 10.00 pm NZ time.

Another question I have is if my RV is approved, do I have to arrive in NZ to activate the RV? Or can the RV be activated by my daughter who's 18 and included as a secondary applicant? For offshore applicants, is it true that the RV is only considered valid once it's activated by the principal applicant arriving in NZ?

Any clarification on my queries would be deeply appreciated.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by morpheus View Post
    Hello everyone, I'm new here. I applied offshore for an RV based on my marriage with a NZ PR holder. I've included our 2 children as secondary applicants.

Here's my timeline.
    Submitted online (offshore) 28 July 2022
    Further "living together evidence" requested on 28 Nov 2022
    Evidence submitted on 4th Dec 2022

I've called INZ hotline several times, but have been unable to speak with someone (pre-recorded prompt asking me to leave a voicemail instead). May I know whether this is common and whether the closing hours are 10.00 pm NZ time.
    It's quite normal not to be able to get an immediate answer on the phone. INZ offices are still having great difficulties with staffing following the pandemic. Other people on the forum have reported hanging on the phone for long periods of time before it's picked up. However I haven't heard before about INZ having the voicemail option, so can't point you to any account of what happens if you do that.

By the way, if you were hoping that the telephone answerer might be able to tell you something about the CO's reaction to the extra evidence you submitted on 4th (and now as I write this it's the 9th), it's not going to be possible. COs work a rotating queue system - see here for basic explanation https://www.enz.org/forum/showthread...268#post583268 - so your evidence will have gone into your file to wait its next turn for attention.

Another question I have is if my RV is approved, do I have to arrive in NZ to activate the RV? Or can the RV be activated by my daughter who's 18 and included as a secondary applicant? For offshore applicants, is it true that the RV is only considered valid once it's activated by the principal applicant arriving in NZ?
    See answers given on this old thread. https://www.enz.org/forum/showthread...443#post569443

Page 113 of 118 FirstFirst ... 111112113114115 ... LastLast