Page 47 of 118 FirstFirst ... 4546474849 ... LastLast

Thread: Resident Visa partnership Timeline

Quote Originally Posted by FH28 View Post
    Was your visa application orginally with the Mumbai office??
    No, i sent it onshore to Penrose Branch and was transferred to Hamilton branch.

Have anyone heard anything recently from INZ? or INZ might be start slowing down as Christmas is coming?

I wouldn't expect there to be very many officials taking summer holidays until the school holidays start, around 13th December.

Quote Originally Posted by lda View Post
    Have anyone heard anything recently from INZ? or INZ might be start slowing down as Christmas is coming?
    Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    I wouldn't expect there to be very many officials taking summer holidays until the school holidays start, around 13th December.
    Neither - My partner and I work within NZ Government as well and our agencies are working up to the end of 24 December and returning to work 6 January. I suspect the other agencies will be working a similar timeline, incl. and maybe even especially INZ as they know that applications continue to come in regardless of holidays, so it would be against their best interests to take more time off than is necessary because they would have to come back to more work than they left behind.

But based on my experience over having applications lodged over Christmas holidays, there are about 1.5-2 weeks of shut down from INZ. In saying that, I once had a visa approved during the supposed shut down period, so there are some COs that work throughout, although I suspect it's not very common.

Quote Originally Posted by lda View Post
    Unfortunately no news for me . I've made up my mind , my expectation now is till mid January although my LIA said he will seek for update on the 21st of November .
    No news is Good news we will all get our heart desires.

Thanks guys.

We applied for my husband's partnership-based residency visa on 24 April 2019. He was assigned a CO in October and we sent updated evidence before the deadline given (21 October 2019) and his CO told us on 22 October that his application was waiting for a "quality check" by a Technical Advisor (2pc?) - the CO also told us it could take up to 4 weeks. The CO said it could mean we could be given a decision at that time or be asked for more evidence.

It will be 4 weeks on Monday! The waiting is definitely the hardest part!!

Finally heard something on my application.

Offshore partnership residency - 13 May 2019

This is my first contact from Immigration New Zealand, the letter says:

Thank you for your application for a resident visa - Partnership, which we received on 13 May 2019.

Our assessment of your application

We have completed an assessment of your application and need to authenticate your passport before we can go any further.

Please send your passport to the nearest VAC for authentication (more info on this below)

Please ensure you have actioned the above before 21 November 2019
    If you do not send the information, our decision on your application will be delayed or we may assess your application based solely on the information you have already given us.

Any experience of what this letter could mean for my outcome? No additional information requested by INZ at any stage.

The CO doesn't have a set order in which they have to check out the different parts of the application, so there's no way to tell what they have, or haven't done up till now. At least you know they're now dealing with your case. Good luck!

Default Officially a resident!

This afternoon my partnership residency application was approved so here is my finished timeline;

12th April - applied online from Southland NZ
    15th April - payment deducted
    11th October - CO asked for further information (don't know when CO was assigned)
    25th October - info submitted
    1st November - application submitted for 2 PC - advised it should take 8 weeks
    15th November - visa granted!

Stay positive everyone!

Page 47 of 118 FirstFirst ... 4546474849 ... LastLast