Page 45 of 118 FirstFirst ... 4344454647 ... LastLast

Thread: Resident Visa partnership Timeline

Quote Originally Posted by cdabs View Post
    Just a quick update for everyone waiting on 2 PC...

My CO emailed me this on 1st Nov;
    "I hope you are well.
    I am just emailing to let you know that I have now completed my assessment of your application.
    This has now been submitted for a final quality check. These checks are completed for all residence applications and are currently taking around 8 weeks to be completed.
    I will be in contact with you as soon as your application has been returned to me."
    They should just open another timeline on inz site for resident Visa partnership "2PC , 2 MONTHS" .

Quote Originally Posted by sarah219 View Post
    FINALLY!!!!! Congratulations, was hoping for a good result from you
    Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by onyiking View Post
    Congratulations mate. That was really a crazy timeline .
    It was indeed, year is a long time to wait lol

Quote Originally Posted by polskiwi View Post
    Congratulations! That must've been stressful so I'm glad it all worked out
    Apparently it was stressful as I was on interim visa and on the questions we were asked on interview 🤯

I got an update from my case officer for me to write IELTS or PTE as my spouse had got residence visa on SMC category, looks they can link my applicaiton to my old spouse application even though I applied for partnership based residence.

https://www.immigration.govt.nz/opsmanual/#46515.htm
    Last edited by sarav1980; 7th November 2019 at 03:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sarav1980 View Post
    I got an update from my case officer for me to write IELTS or PTE as my spouse had got residence visa on SMC category, looks they can link my applicaiton to my old spouse application even though I applied for partnership based residence.

https://www.immigration.govt.nz/opsmanual/#46515.htm
    Oh, that is something new for me.
    Last edited by lda; 8th November 2019 at 07:43 AM.

Anyone with an application lodged in May 2019 had any progress? Coming to the sixth month mark now

Quote Originally Posted by addnbsct View Post
    Anyone with an application lodged in May 2019 had any progress? Coming to the sixth month mark now
    i still haven't heard anything from Immigration. Applied 12 May.

Quote Originally Posted by hznry View Post
    i still haven't heard anything from Immigration. Applied 12 May.
    So far in this thread, 2 of us who applied in May have had updates. I applied on 12 May and my CO contacted me the day after they were assigned (23 October) to let me know they had sent my application to 2PC (I had uploaded more evidence to my online application on the same day so they didn't need anything more from me). That was almost 3 weeks ago. I was told at the time that 2PC could take another 2-3 months.

Someone else from another thread applied 14 May and was assigned a CO on 17 October (asking for more evidence) but no word on 2PC for them.

Also, just because you haven't heard anything, doesn't mean nothing is happening with your application.

So far in this thread, 2 of us who applied in May have had updates. I applied on 12 May and my CO contacted me the day after they were assigned (23 October) to let me know they had sent my application to 2PC (I had uploaded more evidence to my online application on the same day so they didn't need anything more from me). That was almost 3 weeks ago. I was told at the time that 2PC could take another 2-3 months.

Someone else from another thread applied 14 May and was assigned a CO on 17 October (asking for more evidence) but no word on 2PC for them.

Also, just because you haven't heard anything, doesn't mean nothing is happening with your application.

I applied 13 May, so very close to you both - made contact on the 10th Oct and at that stage had not been assigned a case officer. I'm hoping some news before a shutdown over Christmas... but am doubtful about a decision before 2019 is over.

I applied 13 May, so very close to you both - made contact on the 10th Oct and at that stage had not been assigned a case officer. I'm hoping some news before a shutdown over Christmas... but am doubtful about a decision before 2019 is over.
    You also continue to upload evidence every month or so, don't you? I decided to do that, and it just happened to be the day my case was assigned which came down to luck, I think.

When I called INZ at the beginning of October, I also didn't have a CO but I asked about continuously uploading and whether it makes any difference to wait time. The call centre officer let me know that it doesn't impact place in queue at all. Once assigned to a CO, however, uploading additional documents triggers an email to the CO's inbox to let them know (which is important for when they ask for more evidence). I have a feeling that when I uploaded more evidence, I unknowingly had a CO assigned and my upload triggered an email to them which may have impacted how quickly they looked at my case. I can't say for certain though.

But it did mean that the CO didn't have to ask for more evidence and was able to make a recommendation and send to 2PC the next day.

And don't forget that not all COs announce themselves or keep people updated. Your continuous uploads may have an impact on whether or not your CO contacts you before the next stage in the process. My CO certainly didn't have to announce himself, but because 2PC is so long at the moment, I think he wanted let me know about it and also prevent me from uploading more unnecessary documents in the meantime.
    Last edited by sarah219; 11th November 2019 at 09:15 AM.

You also continue to upload evidence every month or so, don't you? I decided to do that, and it just happened to be the day my case was assigned which came down to luck, I think.

When I called INZ at the beginning of October, I also didn't have a CO but I asked about continuously uploading and whether it makes any difference to wait time. The call centre officer let me know that it doesn't impact place in queue at all. Once assigned to a CO, however, uploading additional documents triggers an email to the CO's inbox to let them know (which is important for when they ask for more evidence). I have a feeling that when I uploaded more evidence, I unknowingly had a CO assigned and my upload triggered an email to them which may have impacted how quickly they looked at my case. I can't say for certain though.

But it did mean that the CO didn't have to ask for more evidence and was able to make a recommendation and send to 2PC the next day.

And don't forget that not all COs announce themselves or keep people updated. Your continuous uploads may have an impact on whether or not your CO contacts you before the next stage in the process. My CO certainly didn't have to announce himself, but because 2PC is so long at the moment, I think he wanted let me know about it and also prevent me from uploading more unnecessary documents in the meantime.
    Hi sarah219,

That’s right I’ve been adding evidence as processing has been ongoing. Great to have confirmation that it doesn’t impact on the time on the queue.

Page 45 of 118 FirstFirst ... 4344454647 ... LastLast