Thread: Straight to residence application timeline

Default Straight to residence application timeline

Hi,
    I have applied for STR. My file was allocated to immigration officer on 11 Jan and she emailed me that she done the initial assessment and no further information needed at this stage.
    Today I sent her email about the status of my application and she replied that my file is with support team. What does that mean anyone know? And how much expected time will after this stage.
    Thank you in advance☺️

I see that you've posted this query again. Sorry to say that, as you didn't have any replies in the first place, it's likely that nobody on the forum knows answers to give you. Myself, I have nothing but guesswork. Your question is unlikely to have been overlooked, as most people who visit here regularly come in by way of New Posts, or What's New, so they see straight away anything that has been written since their last time.

We have had hardly any posts about the STR, as it hasn't been around very long. There isn't a back history of other people's experience to which you could be referred.

I can't guess what your CO means by 'the support team'. With the older kinds of visa, normal procedure has been that, once a case was allocated to a CO, s/he sent out queries to third parties - anybody in a position to know that what the applicant claimed about themself was true - to verify their evidence, and show that they were eligible to be granted the visa. For instance, a university could be asked, 'Was Mr X a student with you between these dates? Did he qualify on (whichever) course with (whichever) grades?' An ex-employer could be asked about the time Mr X worked there, in what capacity and for what salary. And so on. Replies came back to the CO, and s/he would work through the list of requirements, until all necessary points were ticked off, before recommending an outcome. Under that system, the only others checking the application were the clerks who first received the application, who would look to see that it looked as though, from what the applicant said about themself, and without verifying anything, they could be eligible. They did not work the case, but just picked up any potential gaps in the necessary evidence, to weed out anything that would be a waste of time for the qualified CO who would receive the case later. But apparently, you already have a CO, so she can't be referring to that.

It's always the case that when and if a CO needs more information, or has anything to tell the applicant, s/he will be in touch. All the applicant can do is to sit back and let them do their job. Nobody can say how long processing will take, because every case is different (different qualifications, different work experience, etc..) and is processed individually. COs all WANT to get each case to completion, so they won't keep it on their desk once it can be decided. Delays can often be due to replies not coming back very quickly from third parties to verify each point - the CO can't move on without having ticked each box.

Waiting, and no news, is a normal part of having an application in to INZ. It's not comfortable, we all know.

Thank you for brif reply and explanation☺️.
    When visa officer was allocated she emailed me that she has done the initial assessment and no further information needed. After two ring them they said it in final assessment. And after that 1 week she said it's with support team.

Hi Sandeep. Is your role on the Tier 1 green list?