Page 93 of 118 FirstFirst ... 9192939495 ... LastLast

Thread: Resident Visa partnership Timeline

Annnd we recived CO contact today!

Applied: 02/06/2020
    CO Contact: 30/09/2020

Asking for:
    Living together evidence covering a specific period
    Explanation as to why we were separated for 2 different periods (Different holidays)

Quote Originally Posted by Acire View Post

Asking for:
    Explanation as to why we were separated for 2 different periods (Different holidays)
    Omg Acire! Absolutely stoked for you! That means they are processing up to June now 🔥🔥🔥

BTW how did you know you got a CO allocated? Did you call INZ to find out or did the CO introduce “themselves”?
    Last edited by potatoqueen; 30th September 2020 at 06:51 PM.

My partner was about to call when he received the email from the CO.

CO didn't introduce themselves straight away, they had already done an initial review of our file and then emailed us the requested the information I listed above.

Quote Originally Posted by Acire View Post

Asking for:
    Yay!! I was on the phone with immigration when I got my email lol

Anyway, very fast and exciting. Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by cannoli View Post
    Applied 08/06/2020
    Application marked as incomplete: More information requested on 07/07/2020
    C/O assigned today! 30/09/2020

Additional information requested:
    A full list of my partners cruise ship work history including which ports, when and for how long the ship was docked. (This is to make sure he has not spent 12+ months in any one country)
    Mail
    Full bank statements
    Photos(which I already uploaded last week so she noted this was not needed)
    And for me to send my passport in.
    Just to clarify, all of the info aside from the cruise ship stuff - was for the period of time between our application and the CO allocation.

Can I ask a stupid question? How do you know you have a CO? What makes the difference? I had one request for an updated medical shortly after I lodged my application and then I received an email from an actual person requesting updated info on partnership and more living together evidence. Uploaded and answered the email, no more contact since then (14 days).

Quote Originally Posted by Aramis View Post
    Can I ask a stupid question? How do you know you have a CO? What makes the difference? I had one request for an updated medical shortly after I lodged my application and then I received an email from an actual person requesting updated info on partnership and more living together evidence. Uploaded and answered the email, no more contact since then (14 days).
    Hi Aramis!

No question is stupid haha. This is a forum to ask questions so you might as well ask away.

Regarding your question, to my best knowledge, before the Covid19 pandemic, people had to wait 6-10 months after submission and before their applications got a CO allocated, so I guess after a long wait, we would get excited even if we got a bit of news from INZ. Also, thank God that from recent datas, It is taking around 4 months after submission to get a CO allocated. 💃👯*♀️

From what you described your situation,
    •“I had one request for an updated medical shortly after I lodged my application” —> your medical examination results or any related matters are handled by another team, this team only handles people’s medical examination things
    •“then I received an email from an actual person requesting updated info on partnership and more living together evidence” —> this is your CO’s contact, he/she is the one handling your resident visa application and giving the verdict!
    • “Uploaded and answered the email, no more contact since then (14 days)”. From what someone in this forum had put together all the datas given by members in this forum as well that it would take around 30ish days from CO allocation to approval if there isnÂ’t any issues. So for you, while waiting is definitely a pain, i think no news is good news 👍

I hope this answers your questions!

Quote Originally Posted by Aramis View Post
    @Aramis there’s a checklist they tick off when you lodge an application. Your medical and police clearance certificates should be valid during lodgement, otherwise if these are not valid they will ask you to submit these before they can accept your application for processing.

Now if someone had asked you for updated partnership info covering the time from lodgement to contact, then that’s when you have a Case officer processing your application.

How long did it take for you to have a CO?

Quote Originally Posted by potatoqueen View Post
    Hi Aramis!

No question is stupid haha. This is a forum to ask questions so you might as well ask away.

Regarding your question, to my best knowledge, before the Covid19 pandemic, people had to wait 6-10 months after submission and before their applications got a CO allocated, so I guess after a long wait, we would get excited even if we got a bit of news from INZ. Also, thank God that from recent datas, It is taking around 4 months after submission to get a CO allocated. ����*♀️

• “Uploaded and answered the email, no more contact since then (14 days)”. From what someone in this forum had put together all the datas given by members in this forum as well that it would take around 30ish days from CO allocation to approval if there isn’t any issues. So for you, while waiting is definitely a pain, i think no news is good news ��

I hope this answers your questions!
    Awesome, thank you potatoqueen! Every nice word is calming at the moment *haha*! I guess everyone here knows the "pain"! I was actually wondering how long it takes, yes. Let´s hope it is only 2 more weeks waiting time then.

Now if someone had asked you for updated partnership info covering the time from lodgement to contact, then that’s when you have a Case officer processing your application.

How long did it take for you to have a CO?
    Thank you, allune! Applied 28th of March and CO contacted me on the 13th of September for more info. Approx 5.5 months - with covid in between. Pretty good I´d say!

Quote Originally Posted by allune View Post
    Friend’s husband’s residence application got lodged on 24 May 2020 and they got a CO contact today asking for more evidences.

I got tasked to write a letter in support of their relationship.
    Friend called me today and thanked me for the wonderful letter I wrote (her words---I basically just corroborated a lot of things they have mentioned in their letters in the original application and other work visa applications). Supporting/updated docs were uploaded on Monday then got approved today.

Their timeline:
    24/5/2020 - Residence application lodged online
    25/5/2020 - 2nd Work visa lodged online (and approved same week)
    24/9/2020 - CO contact asking for updated docs with address, and letters from family/friends in support of relationship
    25/9/2020 - Sponsor interview (this is sponsor's second time to support a residency application - she had a diff partner with her skilled migrant application more than 5 years ago)
    28/9/2020 - Uploaded docs
    1/10/2020 - Approved
    Last edited by allune; 1st October 2020 at 03:21 PM.

Page 93 of 118 FirstFirst ... 9192939495 ... LastLast