Page 106 of 118 FirstFirst ... 104105106107108 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,060 of 1176

Thread: Resident Visa partnership Timeline

Hi guys,
    Is anyone here waiting decision on offshore partnership residence applications.
    I applied October 2019. It's been one year and four months. I guess 6 months from April to September not gunna be counted in as offshore application processing only resumed in September.
    I was just wondering if anyone out there in same situation and applied from offshore and still waiting?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr s View Post
    Is anyone here waiting decision on offshore partnership residence applications.
    I was about to put a rather snarky response that INZ is not processing offshore applications due to the border closure (mainly because I've lost count on how many times I've had to give that answer), but apparently, offshore relationship-based visas for partners and dependent children of New Zealand citizens and residents are being processed (since a border closure exception would apply to them), and that includes the Partner of a New Zealand Resident Visa. Maybe contact INZ and see what they say?
    Last edited by Kelerei; 17th February 2021 at 09:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelerei View Post
    I was about to put a rather snarky response that INZ is not processing offshore applications due to the border closure (mainly because I've lost count on how many times I've had to give that answer), but apparently, offshore relationship-based visas for partners and dependent children of New Zealand citizens and residents are being processed (since a border closure exception would apply to them), and that includes the Partner of a New Zealand Resident Visa. Maybe contact INZ and see what they say?
    Yes you are right offshore visas for partners of NZ citizens and residents are being processed. CO was assigned to my case in September 2020 and I was contacted again in start of this month for more evidences.
    Processing time for offshore application is more than a year at the moment whereas onshore applications are much faster. If approved it's automatic border exemption for this category of visa
    Last edited by Mr s; 18th February 2021 at 02:09 AM.

One more thing guys
    I was contacted by CO couple weeks ago and she mentioned that she is finishing the assessment of application.
    What step comes next in processing of my application? Will it be interview call or 2PC or something else?

One more thing guys
    I was contacted by CO couple weeks ago and she mentioned that she is finishing the assessment of application.
    What step comes next in processing of my application? Will it be interview call or 2PC or something else?
    It's impossible to say for sure: every application is different. Reading between the lines though, my opinion is that it's more likely than not that the Immigration Officer is writing up the final assessment, recommending a decision and sending it off to a Technical Advisor for the quality check.

The quality check, also often referred to in these threads as the second-person check. This is when another INZ official looks over everything the CO has done, to make sure all the regulations have been met in the application, and that the CO has recorded everything correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    The quality check, also often referred to in these threads as the second-person check. This is when another INZ official looks over everything the CO has done, to make sure all the regulations have been met in the application, and that the CO has recorded everything correctly.
    JandM, I have one more query please respond when you can, will be much appreciated . here is my quick timeline first

24 October 2019 submitted my application

24 September 2020 got first contact by CO. And she asked for recent living proof and some more updated proofs.

9 November 2020 co asked for name change proof which I provided same day as I corrected some spelling in my name long ago.

4 February 2021 co again asked for more proofs of living together for one year before the application was submitted. She also mentioned that she just need some more evidences one year b4 the submission date as she was finishing the assessment.

I understand the process so far. Friend of mine had interview aswell and their case is very similar to mine. I haven't been interviewed yet. As i was advised in forum that its most likely CO is writing the final assessment report, recommending a decision and sending it for 2PC. Should I expect interview call or is it seems unlikely? As I heard that they normally interview applicants before they write final assessment report. Is it true?
    Last edited by Mr s; 20th February 2021 at 01:34 AM.

Although cases can seem similar, they are all treated individually, and worked according to the details of what evidence is submitted. An interview isn't necessary in every case - it all depends on how clearly the evidence shows that the application meets the regulations. If your evidence has convinced the CO that everything is as required, s/he won't need to interview you. Exactly because everything is done individually, nobody can tell you for certain what will happen next, only what seems likely. I know it's frustrating, but you can only wait it out and see what happens. Someone else's case is irrelevant - what happened to them will not necessarily happen to you.

Hi guys,
    I have one more query. when CO was doing initial assessment of application she mentioned her job title as Senior immigration officer but couple weeks ago she contacted me for some more living together evidences for certain time frame she introduced her job title as Technical advisor. Obviously she has both roles and as I read around that technical advisors are like supervisors as they are senior and experienced officers.
    Did anyone had same encounter? Just curious is it like a stage of case where they play supervisory role. Sory guys question could be silly to some. I am just bit unknown how immigration do things in office. And I am waiting since 16 months which is just hard 🙄🙄🙄
    Last edited by Mr s; 22nd February 2021 at 08:38 PM.

Hi guys,
    I have one more query. when CO was doing initial assessment of application she mentioned her job title as Senior immigration officer but couple weeks ago she contacted me for some more living together evidences for certain time frame she introduced her job title as Technical advisor. Obviously she has both roles and as I read around that technical advisors are like supervisors as they are senior and experienced officers.
    Did anyone had same encounter? Just curious is it like a stage of case where they play supervisory role. Sory guys question could be silly to some. I am just bit unknown how immigration do things in office. And I am waiting since 16 months which is just hard ������
    Probably just as simple as the person concerned being promoted during the course of working on your application. Erin is the only one here with knowledge of the internal workings of INZ, and as such is the only person able to give you a useful answer.

Page 106 of 118 FirstFirst ... 104105106107108 ... LastLast