Thread: Residency application in progress, still awaiting CO but circumstances may change (job & address)

Default Residency application in progress, still awaiting CO but circumstances may change (job & address)

Hi

I have scanned through the forum for the same topic but i could not find the answers for my concerns. Hoping to get some info on the above topic before i can make decisions. I am offshore application without a job offer, my application was logged in Dec 2018 and decision is pending, my questions are below:

1) If i decide to leave the current employer for a career break - will that affect my residency application?
    2) If i change my location from Singapore to Vietnam, i wonder will my application be transfered to another INZ branch and go all the way back to the queue again?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

1) Not of itself, as long as you can show references from the company that you leave that you are in good standing, leaving of your own choice - in other words, you haven't lost the job because of any fault on your part. But you look better to INZ as a potential skilled migrant if you are "a worker" - there's a difference between having a brief time off, and not working for so long that you're starting to look as if you've dropped out.

2) You can check here https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-...nd-fees-finder to see if the same office would be working your case if you moved from Singapore to Vietnam. It is normal for a case to be transferred if the applicant moves out of one branch's area to another, in which case there would be bound to be some extra delay, though I don't think it would go to back of the queue of NEW cases.

To sum up, what you're thinking of doing wouldn't make your application invalid, but it probably wouldn't help it, either, raising more potential queries and slowing things up.

Hi JandM,

Thank you for your advice. I have checked the given link and fortunately, both Singapore and Vietnam have the same receiving center (INZ, Auckland). Regarding the 1st question, shall i provide the reason for leaving the current employer when i update the information to INZ?

Yes, you're fully entitled to give them the complete picture about what you're doing.