Thread: Partnership Work Visa Application assigned to Hamilton Branch

Default Partnership Work Visa Application assigned to Hamilton Branch

I applied on 19 Feb 2019 for a Partner of a New Zealander Work Visa.

My application was assigned to the Hamilton Branch on 20 FEB 2019.

I have yet to be assigned a CO.

I have called once a week to check if I had been assigned a CO and was continuously told I was just in the queue waiting to be assigned to a CO.

After over a month of calling and inquiring about my application - I was told that the Hamilton office was keeping me in the queue because they had not received my complete medical results.

My initial medical did require me to redo my blood test - and everything came back perfect the second blood test just a few days later. So when the contact centre finally advised me of this, they put me on hold and said they sent an email on my behalf letting them know my medical was completed.

It has now been two weeks since then and I have still not been assigned a CO and I am still in the queue. Could there be anything else holding up my application - and why would it get assigned to the Hamilton branch just to be placed on hold? Does anyone have any insight in how I can proceed to ensure my application is not still being held from processing due to my now complete medical.

It took over 7 people before the woman sent the email on my behalf to the Hamilton branch re: my medical. So my confidence in the information I have been given so far is pretty nil.

Then today I confirmed that the complete medical had been received and accessed as of 27 FEB 2019. So now, I am even more confused as to why the previous individual said it was keeping me in the queue.

I don't have any comment about the supposed hold because of waiting for your medical - that's something I've never heard of before. As for the last point - that it had apparently already arrived when they were "waiting for it" - that makes no sense. I would add that to the long list of times when certain INZ telephone answerers have been wrong/made a mistake/failed to find the right information.

However, the matter of waiting for your case to be allocated to a CO is absolutely normal. INZ works everything by date-order queues, so when your application is logged in, it joins the back of the line of all the cases that got there before yours. When a CO signs off on some case(s) they have been processing and has room for more (and they ALL work about 100 cases at the same time in rotation), s/he takes from the front of the queue, that is, the ones that have been waiting longest.

INZ have had a flood of applications, and, starting last November, the workers have been struggling to deal with backlogs, so all the hoped-for timings that used to be normal and posted on their website can't be taken as promises. They were always only their best guess, as every case is worked individually, and every case is different, so there never were any guarantees of exactly when what would happen.

Quote Originally Posted by cannoli View Post
    I applied on 19 Feb 2019 for a Partner of a New Zealander Work Visa.

My application was assigned to the Hamilton Branch on 20 FEB 2019.

I have yet to be assigned a CO.

I have called once a week to check if I had been assigned a CO and was continuously told I was just in the queue waiting to be assigned to a CO.

After over a month of calling and inquiring about my application - I was told that the Hamilton office was keeping me in the queue because they had not received my complete medical results.

My initial medical did require me to redo my blood test - and everything came back perfect the second blood test just a few days later. So when the contact centre finally advised me of this, they put me on hold and said they sent an email on my behalf letting them know my medical was completed.

It has now been two weeks since then and I have still not been assigned a CO and I am still in the queue. Could there be anything else holding up my application - and why would it get assigned to the Hamilton branch just to be placed on hold? Does anyone have any insight in how I can proceed to ensure my application is not still being held from processing due to my now complete medical.

It took over 7 people before the woman sent the email on my behalf to the Hamilton branch re: my medical. So my confidence in the information I have been given so far is pretty nil.

Then today I confirmed that the complete medical had been received and accessed as of 27 FEB 2019. So now, I am even more confused as to why the previous individual said it was keeping me in the queue.
    My partner's work visa application was lodged on 4th March and is waiting at Hamilton branch since then. Even she has not been allocated an application number, although she was granted interim work visa that means her application has been accepted for processing. Last year it took exactly 7-8 weeks to get the visa however this year we are just waiting. INZ customer service has been impossible to get hold of these days. we waited for hours but nobody pick calls and we never received call back.

Thanks JandM, it really did sound like incorrect information and I wanted to be sure there was nothing weird going on. The waiting game is hard but it is a much easier process than when I moved to Canada - so I should be thankful for that.

Keep me posted albany! Best of luck to your partner.