Thread: Partnership Residence - Certified Docs for Online App?

Default Partnership Residence - Certified Docs for Online App?

Hi all!

Applying for my Partner Residence Visa ONLINE in the next couple of weeks. My main question, which I can't seem to find any answers to, is whether the original documents I scan into the computer for the online application need to be certified? For example, the online form asks for Birth Cert and Passport - can I just scan these and they're counted as originals? Along with bank statements received in the mail and other originals?

I can see that any translated documents need to be certified, but the wording is a bit ambiguous around whether or not all documents need to be certified when applying online.

I'm a US citizen, living in NZ for 8 years currently on a Partner Work Visa (kiwi partner) so INZ have much of the evidence already (which I'm also assuming will be okay to resubmit the originals with this application?).

In a big hurry to get everything done (thankfully only a Limited Medical needed for this!) because the processing time shot up from 9 months to 11 months in the last few weeks (and my work visa has 9 months left).

I miss INZ of the past - applications were processed SO MUCH FASTER back then!

Hi Sarah, I recently did my Partnership Residence Application online.

I only certified documents relating to my identity, all other docs like bank statements and the like were just copies and they were fine with it
    Last edited by OliverJames; 24th April 2019 at 12:49 PM. Reason: Typo

Plain copies of documents for online applications are fine.

And I hear you about the INZ of the past! They are in a heck of a mess these days and no sign of how they're going to get out of it

Hiii egoodhue just a question I am very tensed at the moment as I applied application on 23 November last year as a paper application. I didn't get any update from immigration or case officer. I have even no clue how long it will take to get a case officer and my visa is also expiring in September. Do u have any clue about when INZ is assigning case officer to the paper application of november.

Quote Originally Posted by Ranjodh View Post
    Hiii egoodhue just a question I am very tensed at the moment as I applied application on 23 November last year as a paper application. I didn't get any update from immigration or case officer. I have even no clue how long it will take to get a case officer and my visa is also expiring in September. Do u have any clue about when INZ is assigning case officer to the paper application of november.
    When I checked with Hamilton branch on 17 April, I was told that paper residence applications lodged in 'early November' were being allocated. So I expect your application lodged at the end of November will still be 3-4 weeks away from being allocated to an immigration officer.

Ohh okay egoodhue thanx a lot hope I will got CO up to end of may.