Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Partnership visitor visa delay

Default Partnership visitor visa delay

Hi I have applied for my partner’s visitor visa on January 26, 2019, and still haven’t heard anything from INZ. Not even allocated to CO, Can someone please share partnership visitor visa application timeline, and what sould we do, i have called INZ but they didn’t give any information, why there is so much delay.

It's taking up to 4 months for partnership visitor visas to be processed at the moment (if this is the type of visa you've applied for). It's so slow because INZ went through a huge restructure lately, where the various types of visas were allocated only to a certain branch for processing - so all types of each visa category are processed by one specific branch each now. This was a poorly-planned restructure and has caused massive delays right across the system. This is in addition to the already inefficient processing model which was in place before the restructure. Keep checking with INZ - your application will get to the front of the queue eventually.

Hi, my partner has applied for the same visa on 17th Jan. and we have not heard anything from INZ yet. As per the current timeframes (4 to 5 months) we hope that the CO will be allocated in May or June. However, some people are saying that they have applied in Nov 2018 and still waiting for CO to be allocated.
    EGoodhue thanks for the explanation.

Quote Originally Posted by EGoodhue View Post
    It's taking up to 4 months for partnership visitor visas to be processed at the moment (if this is the type of visa you've applied for). It's so slow because INZ went through a huge restructure lately, where the various types of visas were allocated only to a certain branch for processing - so all types of each visa category are processed by one specific branch each now. This was a poorly-planned restructure and has caused massive delays right across the system. This is in addition to the already inefficient processing model which was in place before the restructure. Keep checking with INZ - your application will get to the front of the queue eventually.
    Thanks Egoodhue.,

Quote Originally Posted by EGoodhue View Post
    Hi Egoodhue. Is there any option that we can complaint to ombudsman or we can write a complaint to immigration about the partnership visitor visa delay. As there are some application which are still under processing from November las year and those are over 4 months and the current processing time (49 days)
    Last edited by Harryk; 9th May 2019 at 09:40 AM. Reason: Missed

The trouble is that INZ have not promised any particular timing. Their web page about how long visas will take to process says
    Average processing times

Find out how many calendar days it has taken us to process applications for our most common visas in the 3 months to 1 May 2019.
    So those numbers of days they mention aren't a target, or anything they can be held to.

The same page says
    If your application is taking longer to process than the normal time frame for that type of visa, you can contact us.

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    The trouble is that INZ have not promised any particular timing. Their web page about how long visas will take to process says
    So those numbers of days they mention aren't a target, or anything they can be held to.

The same page says
    Thanks JandM. I totally understand, but its unfair for us as some application seemed to have been processed on priority or fairly basis. Besides i know atleast three cases personally whose application got approved, one within one week after applying, second after calling to INZ mubai branch and application got approved within an hour of the call, third application got approved after writing a letter and followed by a call to the mumbai branch.

Those points seem to me to be a cause for complaint perhaps more pressing than the timing issue alone. If you Google INZ complaints, you will find a page telling you how to to contact them.

My wife's visa application was submitted on Dec 05th.
    Yesterday her immigration advisor advised that now a days they are processing the applications for Oct-Nov.
    Couple of months back I went to see a person called "MP Support" to electrol office. They noted down my concern about INZ Mumbai process for the partnership visa applications an ensured to find out what is happening.
    Couple of weeks later, I received an email mentioning that my application is sitting in Mumbai INZ and awaiting for CO to be assigned. The case officer will contact You if they need any further information.
    It seems like @Hazz @Harryk @shreerang007 and I are on the same boat.
    Keep updating us here about your visa applications guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Aakarv23 View Post
    My wife's visa application was submitted on Dec 05th.
    Yesterday her immigration advisor advised that now a days they are processing the applications for Oct-Nov.
    Couple of months back I went to see a person called "MP Support" to electrol office. They noted down my concern about INZ Mumbai process for the partnership visa applications an ensured to find out what is happening.
    Couple of weeks later, I received an email mentioning that my application is sitting in Mumbai INZ and awaiting for CO to be assigned. The case officer will contact You if they need any further information.
    It seems like @Hazz @Harryk @shreerang007 and I are on the same boat.
    Keep updating us here about your visa applications guys.
    Yes. Everytime you call them they have same answer, or more likely excuses, they have high volume of applications, Christchurch tragedy, INZ restructuring, closing of some branches across the globe, lack of experienced staff, application varies from case to case, and so on.. however some of their excuses are appropriate to acknowledge, but whats the criteria for them to asess some application within one week, one month or even after following up within hours, its very unfair, they should give us the exact time period to sort these applications out not the average time we already know.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast