Thread: NZ Citizenship document

Default NZ Citizenship document

Hi team,

I just happen to go through the checklist of documents which is needed for NZ citizenship and the very first one I read is the Birth Certificate.

I do not have a Birth Ceritifcate and during my EOI time, I had given a NABC (non-availability of birth certificate) with my application. This works for Indian passport holders and was accepted by INZ

Does anyone know if the same NABC will be accepted in place of Birth Certificate for the citizenship as well ?

Thanks.

I would email or phone the citizenship office and ask, as they suggest on the website.

citizenship@dia.govt.nz

0800 22 51 51

Quote Originally Posted by ravi1414 View Post
    Hi team,

I just happen to go through the checklist of documents which is needed for NZ citizenship and the very first one I read is the Birth Certificate.

I do not have a Birth Ceritifcate and during my EOI time, I had given a NABC (non-availability of birth certificate) with my application. This works for Indian passport holders and was accepted by INZ

Does anyone know if the same NABC will be accepted in place of Birth Certificate for the citizenship as well ?

Thanks.
    You'll just need to supply the same with your Citizenship application again. I had the similar case and got my citizenship without any issue at all, Just needed to supply some of the supporting evidence (related to birth certificate) again.

Hi gourav
    could you list down those "supporting evidence" that were asked by DIA along with NABC?
    I'm trying to help a friend who has no birth certificate.
    Thanks a lot for the help.

Quote Originally Posted by gourav View Post
    You'll just need to supply the same with your Citizenship application again. I had the similar case and got my citizenship without any issue at all, Just needed to supply some of the supporting evidence (related to birth certificate) again.