Thread: SMC evidence in skilled work experience

Default SMC evidence in skilled work experience

Hi there,

Im planning to apply my residency but i want to claim points with my work experience here in NZ
    I have the company's letter, my payslips and tax records. Unfortunately i lost my copy of my contract with them.

Any advise???

The company in question should have a copy of the contract on file -- try approaching them?

I had the exact same issue when I submitted. The company provided me with a copy of the contract, signed by both myself and the employer. They neglected to certify the copy though, so I ended up submitting it with a statutory declaration stating that this was a copy of the contract that I signed, that it was my signature on the contract, and that the employer could be contacted directly for any further verification. INZ appears to have accepted that, given that they only asked for additional relationship evidence before putting the application in the 2PC queue (where it currently remains).
    Last edited by Kelerei; 2nd May 2019 at 09:34 AM.

Don't stress too much about not having a copy of the contract as evidence of work experience - INZ actually really only want to see work reference letters (the other supporting evidence can sometimes help, but isn't mandatory - work reference letters are mandatory if you want work experience to be assessed). Just make absolutely sure that the work reference letter contains all of the following:
    *the date you started work
    *the date you finished work
    *what your job title was
    *the average number of hours you worked per week
    *contact details of the writer of the letter

The letter should also have an issue date and be written on company letterhead.

INZ are being super-strict about these requirements lately. As long as you provide a work reference letter that meets the above, it's not going to matter if you can't provide a contract for the job (that document won't really help the CO with their assessment against what they need to see you meeting as per instructions anyway - the work reference letter will).