Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: SMC application is in the final stages as per CO - Lodged 24 Oct 2018

Default SMC application is in the final stages as per CO - Lodged 24 Oct 2018

Hi, just an update on my case. I have been informed by my CO that she has concluded her final assessment and have submitted my application to a second person. I am a little concerned though, I have checked with my current and previous employers and no contact has been made with them? Is that strange or has this happened to anyone else on here? How does it work if one's application is declined? Does it still reach the second person check? This has been a very stressful journey for myself and my family, just want it to be done with already. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

INZ don't necessarily need to contact the present employer, for instance if they have previously supported other applicants so INZ know about them. And they can decide to accept directly the references from previous employers.

ALL applications go to second-person checking. The other official is checking for errors, so a CO's error could mean they were recommending a decline which actually wasn't justified, just as much as the other way round.

Yes, of course this is stressful. You're not alone. Somehow, when you KNOW the end is almost in sight, it feels more tense.

Thank you JandM. I am sure I have aged years in the last 7 months - it will all be worth it once done and dusted

I had the same situation I didn't get any call and neither did my office manager, my CO send my documents for final inspection check about a week ago and I got my residency day before yesterday. So, it might be good scenario that you haven't had any call.
    Good luck mate.

Quote Originally Posted by jptrockerz View Post
    I had the same situation I didn't get any call and neither did my office manager, my CO send my documents for final inspection check about a week ago and I got my residency day before yesterday. So, it might be good scenario that you haven't had any call.
    Good luck mate.
    Thank you, will post on here once feedback is received

Good luck melczn! Eagerly waiting for banana dance and party time post for you 🙏

Hi JandM, first of all let me thank you for providing valuable advice on this thread. I chose to reply to this thread because my case is also almost similar, I submitted my SMC application with all the docs needed on 4th October and CO responded to check IRD on 25feb and current employment on 1st of March. Afterwards still waiting for some update from the INZ nothing so far. My migration consultant says no news is good news but waiting like this is a killer. Can you please let me know what you think please?

Quote Originally Posted by nellynshayan View Post
    Hi JandM, first of all let me thank you for providing valuable advice on this thread. I chose to reply to this thread because my case is also almost similar, I submitted my SMC application with all the docs needed on 4th October and CO responded to check IRD on 25feb and current employment on 1st of March. Afterwards still waiting for some update from the INZ nothing so far. My migration consultant says no news is good news but waiting like this is a killer. Can you please let me know what you think please?
    Hi Nellynshayan,

You are not alone, i have been assigned to CO in the second week of Feb and no update since then. I know this silence is a killer but all we can do is to be patient.
    My Co hasn't updated any notes on the system since FEB and no progress since the first contact.
    I have been assigned pretty quick to CO and was asked provide documents and emailed me two days after to provide more docs, i was under impression that my file was moving super fast but it proved me wrong, no news since then. I am still praying that no news is a good news and we should hear good news soon.
    Goodluck !
    Last edited by Ivish; 10th May 2019 at 10:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivish View Post
    Hi Nellynshayan,

You are not alone, i have been assigned to CO in the second week of Feb and no update since then. I know this silence is a killer but all we can do is to be patient.
    My Co hasn't updated any notes on the system since FEB and no progress since the first contact.
    I have been assigned pretty quick to CO and was asked provide documents and emailed me two days after to provide more docs, i was under impression that my file was moving super fast but it proved me wrong, no news since then. I am still praying that no news is a good news and we should hear good news soon.
    Goodluck !
    Stay strong Ivish! Almost there...

nellynshayan, I think your LIA is quite right. As you can see from the other replies above already, you're not alone. To hear nothing for periods of time during processing of your application is absolutely normal. The CO will get in touch if ever s/he needs any more evidence or information from you.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast