Thread: Extend visitor visa owing to unexpected circumstances

Smile Extend visitor visa owing to unexpected circumstances

Hi everyone!

Asking on behalf of a friend.

My friend is expecting her first child in October 2019 and hence was hoping if her mother's visitor visa (expires Aug 23, 2019) could be extended for a little above 3 months owing to:

• Help and support needed owing to first pregnancy
    • One of her other friend heads back to India on Nov 27. So my friend was hoping if her mother could travel back with her (friend) since she's not confident travelling alone and would also get good company.

Questions:
    • Since my friend is the sponsor for her mom - she'll apply for another visitor visa just like she did first time around - however, what evidence is acceptable and how can it be added to the application?
    • Would Immigration NZ only extend visitor visa for only exactly 3 months? Would they be a bit lenient and approve a stay for 5 more days owing to lack of confidence travelling alone? How can that be explained to Immigration NZ?

Any inputs appreciated.

Thanks!

Anyone?

From the lack of answers, it seems nobody who has read this has recently extended a visitor's visa.

All I can tell you is what INZ say themselves. https://www.immigration.govt.nz/know...-question-1112
    Your question 1: she would need to show proof of the imminent birth, maybe a letter from the midwife or doctor. If applying online, documents can be uploaded, or if making a paper application, sent along with the form. See the Process tab here. https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-...t/visitor-visa But BE CAREFUL about what she says she is going to do - emotional support is fine, but details of actual practical activities such as housework and childcare can be interpreted by INZ as "working" - yes, even in your adult child's own home, even between family members - which is not allowed on a visitor's visa.
    In answer to your second question, I think your friend would find the rules as written would be applied. https://www.immigration.govt.nz/know...-question-3816

Thanks a lot, JandM. I will let my friend know.

@Egoodhue @ChrisMwn @JandM or anyone else who can confirm: Have you heard Immigration NZ approving visitor visa a little over 9 months in certain circumstances such as the one above?

That's a 'no' from me. But I haven't heard on the threads of anyone asking to do it, either.

No, I haven't seen INZ give an extension to be more than the 9 months for a Visitor in my experience.