Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How long does it take for 2PC?

Default How long does it take for 2PC?

Hi Everyone, i applied for residence visa in October last year. My CO did ask for attested or original documents in march which was provided well before given date and recommendations has been made by CO. But then 2PC found some kind of error and file sent back to the CO. Within 1-2 days CO made the amendment required by The 2PC and sent back to quality control team again.
    So question is: is it going to take weeks again for the final decision or does it become priority for 2PC as well as it was for the CO.

My CO told me on 09th April 2019 that my case is with 2nd officer...still did not hear anything after that and 4 weeks have gone....I hope its still taking 4 weeks for 2PC....

May be EGoodhue have some latest information...I am planning to send an email to CO next week... but is it a good idea to ask again from CO after a month of my last query to CO?

I had contacted my CO twice for the update and she has been nice to me and replied to me. So I don’t think so there is any problem in asking them. But in my case my file waited for about 4 weeks for 2PC but then it was returned to CO for additional work on it. So not sure whether its going in the queue again for 2PC or become priority!!!

Hi Everyone, i applied for Partnership residence visa in October last year. My CO did ask for attested or original documents in march which was provided well before given date and recommendations has been made by CO. But then 2PC found some kind of error and file sent back to the CO. Within 1-2 days CO made the amendment required by The 2PC and sent back to quality control team again.
    So question is: is it going to take weeks again for the final decision or does it become priority for 2PC as well as it was for the CO?

Cases sent for extra attention from the original CO don't have to wait again behind the queue newly arrived with the 2pc official.

thanks JandM. I hope so that I don’t have to wait long again.

The CO should have undertaken the remedial work as soon as possible and then given it straight back to the team member who was doing the 2PC in the first place and found the error. The person doing the 2PC should then finalise the 2PC as soon as possible (it takes about 20-30 mins to do a thorough 2PC). If your CO gave it back to the 2PC'er as soon as they had fixed the error but the 2PC still isn't done, perhaps the 2PC'er still wasn't happy with what the CO had fixed...?

Hi EGoodhue, thanks for the info. But when i called this morning at call centre, they said its still waiting for 2PC. So that means there were no notes. Becoz CO given file back to 2PC on 1st may and no progress so far. Do you think i need to contact my CO??

Quote Originally Posted by Haider123 View Post
    Hi EGoodhue, thanks for the info. But when i called this morning at call centre, they said its still waiting for 2PC. So that means there were no notes. Becoz CO given file back to 2PC on 1st may and no progress so far. Do you think i need to contact my CO??
    Yes, I think you're justified to ask for an update as to where your application is up to and what's going on in this instance.

Hi EGoodhue, thanks for the reply. My status changed to approve today and got the confirmation email. Thanks heaps for helping us here.😊

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast