Thread: IRD Summary doesn't show tax paid

Default IRD Summary doesn't show tax paid

Hi guys,

I applied for residency under the SMC and one of the documents that I sent was the IRD Summary of Earnings for supporting the skilled employment proof.

All paylisps show the total earnings, the amount of money that is discounted for tax and the net pay. Bank statements also shows the net pay being paid. However, the IRD Summary of Earnings doesn't show that the tax is being deducted in some of the months...

Does anyone know if that can be a problem for the application? My employment agreement says that the employer is responsable for making the deductions...

Thanks!

Hello and welcome.

We'll need to wait for someone familiar with the NZ IRD to comment on this with certainty. My GUESS, just as a member of the public, is that what would be important would be that, by the end of the financial year, you could be shown to have paid the correct amount of tax due on your earnings. If by reason of whatever change in, or new understanding of, your circumstances, your tax code gets changed, the employer, month by month, will have to deduct more tax, or less tax, or even none, to straighten things out.

Thanks JandM!
    In my case, the financial year has finished without showing the payment of the tax from the company that I currently have the skilled employment.
    I'm a bit worried about it but still don't have a CO and will have to wait to what I might be asked
    Hope everything will be alright.