Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bonafide proof Visitor Visa for parent

See the bottom paragraph on the Criteria tab of the INZ factsheet here. https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-...-visa#criteria

Quote Originally Posted by param912003 View Post
    Thanks, JandM, sorry to trouble you again but I have one final question. My partner is sponsoring my father for a 4-5 month visit. My father is retired and has no international travel history. This is going to be his first trip abroad. Will pre-booked return tickets be required in his case?
    Can anyone please share their experience?
    Hi Param,

I have applied for father, he was in the similar situation. We have provided property papers and letter from his brothers and sisters. Also, it is mandatory to have return ticket unless your visa says "return ticket not required" which is highly unlikely in case of 4-5 months visitor visa.

Hi, Param and Luckyone,

Appears that we got one without need of return ticket.
    It reads- The conditions of your visa: This visa expires 6 month(s) after first arrival. Stay subject to grant of entry permission. You must leave before visa expiry or face deportation. The holder shall not
    undertake employment in NZ. The holder shall not study for more than 3 months in every 12 month period in NZ.

This does not require return tickets. Does it?

Plus, one query. The dates per visa are as follows.
    The start date of your visa is: 25 May 2019
    You must arrive in New Zealand before: 25/08/2019
    The number of times you may enter New Zealand using this visa is: Multiple
    The last date you may travel to New Zealand is: 25 November 2019

Does this mean final visa expiry is 25 Nov. 2019 or six months as noted above? Say if my mum arrives on 1 July, should she return before 25 Nov. or can stay six month till Dec. end?

Also to note, we just added a clarifying letter on travel plans to explain for genuine visitor condition. This is also her first international travel.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by VedSaumya View Post
    Hi, Param and Luckyone,

Appears that we got one without need of return ticket.
    It reads- The conditions of your visa: This visa expires 6 month(s) after first arrival. Stay subject to grant of entry permission. You must leave before visa expiry or face deportation. The holder shall not
    undertake employment in NZ. The holder shall not study for more than 3 months in every 12 month period in NZ.

Does this mean final visa expiry is 25 Nov. 2019 or six months as noted above? Say if my mum arrives on 1 July, should she return before 25 Nov. or can stay six month till Dec. end?

Also to note, we just added a clarifying letter on travel plans to explain for genuine visitor condition. This is also her first international travel.

Thanks.
    Hi VedSaumya,

There must be a statement just below "The last date you may travel to New Zealand is: 25 November 2019" like "Your Visa expires and you must leave NZ on or before XXXX". That would be the date when your visa expires. Most of the time it is similar to the last date of travel to NZ, in your case 25 Nov 2019, irrespective to when you travel.

Return ticket is not required to acquire visa, it is required when you travel to NZ. If your parentsÂ’ eVisa does not state "onward/return ticket not required", it means that they will need to present an outward ticket as this would be requested upon them once they present themselves to a Border Officer upon arrival to NZ to be granted entry permission.

Please refer to the link provided for further information: https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-...in-new-zealand

In certain cases, Airlines also wont allow passenger to board (just read in the post somewhere) if do not have return ticket.

Hope this will help.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Luckyone View Post
    Hi VedSaumya,

There must be a statement just below "The last date you may travel to New Zealand is: 25 November 2019" like "Your Visa expires and you must leave NZ on or before XXXX". That would be the date when your visa expires. Most of the time it is similar to the last date of travel to NZ, in your case 25 Nov 2019, irrespective to when you travel.

Return ticket is not required to acquire visa, it is required when you travel to NZ. If your parentsÂ’ eVisa does not state "onward/return ticket not required", it means that they will need to present an outward ticket as this would be requested upon them once they present themselves to a Border Officer upon arrival to NZ to be granted entry permission.

Please refer to the link provided for further information: https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-...in-new-zealand

In certain cases, Airlines also wont allow passenger to board (just read in the post somewhere) if do not have return ticket.

Hope this will help.

Thanks
    Hi Luckyone,

Thanks for clarifying on tickets. Yes, agreed.

In case of visa expiry, below the 25 Nov. date, it reads as:
    Your visa expires and you must leave New Zealand on or before: See Conditions
    The conditions of your visa: This visa expires 6 month(s) after first arrival.

Hence, I still got confusion as to expiry date. Is it on six month of first date of arrival or on 25th Nov. irrespective of date of arrival.

Thanks.

Hi Luckyone,

Thanks for clarifying on tickets. Yes, agreed.

In case of visa expiry, below the 25 Nov. date, it reads as:
    Your visa expires and you must leave New Zealand on or before: See Conditions
    The conditions of your visa: This visa expires 6 month(s) after first arrival.

Hence, I still got confusion as to expiry date. Is it on six month of first date of arrival or on 25th Nov. irrespective of date of arrival.

Thanks.
    Hi VedSaumya,

In my opinion it is 6 months from arrival because you are resident and you do not have expiration date on visa.

But I have confusion from your post you stated

"You must arrive in New Zealand before: 25/08/2019
    The last date you may travel to New Zealand is: 25 November 2019"

How come you have two contradictory statement. " You must arrive in NZ...." and "Last date you may travel...". Both meant same but different dates ??

Quote Originally Posted by Luckyone View Post
    Hi VedSaumya,

In my opinion it is 6 months from arrival because you are resident and you do not have expiration date on visa.

But I have confusion from your post you stated

"You must arrive in New Zealand before: 25/08/2019
    The last date you may travel to New Zealand is: 25 November 2019"

How come you have two contradictory statement. " You must arrive in NZ...." and "Last date you may travel...". Both meant same but different dates ??
    Hi,
    Iam not resident. Only in a work visa. But I don't think it has anything to do with my visa status. You must arrive in NZ is latest date of entry. Last date you may travel could possibly be visa expiry or may be entering into NZ (Coz. visa is multiple). But this confuses me- wither 25 Nov applies or 6 month of first entry.

Hi J&M, can you please guide on above?

Thanks.

No, it doesn't. If INZ had wanted to see a return ticket, they would have required it as part of the application process.

This is the date the visa is being issued.
    The visa must be used for the first time before this date. NOTICE: when booking the flight, allow some extra time - don't book for only a day or two before. There is NO ALLOWANCE made if someone arrives in NZ even 10 minutes into the day AFTER the validity of their visa, even if the reason is something beyond the person's control, such as an aircraft malfunction, or cancellation due to bad weather, and they would be immediately sent back.
    She could leave the country and return as many times as she wanted during the life of the visa.
    If she decided to come and go like that, she couldn't do it any more after this date.
    This visa expires 6 month(s) after first arrival.
    This means what it says.

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    This means what it says.
    Hi J&M,
    Thanks for replying each of the points. It couldn't have been as comprehensive as this. Thank you.
    To be more clear on visa expiry 6 months after arrival vs 25 Nov. 2019- If she arrives on 1 July, does her visa expire on Dec. end or on 25 Nov.?

Thanks,
    Ved

Hi J&M,
    Thanks for replying each of the points. It couldn't have been as comprehensive as this. Thank you.
    To be more clear on visa expiry 6 months after arrival vs 25 Nov. 2019- If she arrives on 1 July, does her visa expire on Dec. end or on 25 Nov.?

Thanks,
    Ved
    This depends on when she first enters New Zealand. If she enters New Zealand before 25th November 2019, the visa expires 6 months from the date of first entry (therefore, if she enters New Zealand on 1st July, the visa expires on 1st December). If she does not enter New Zealand before 25th November 2019, the visa expires on that date and a new visa application will need to be lodged if she plans on entering after that date.

Also, to add what was said earlier, and to answer another of your questions: she can only enter using a one-way ticket if her visa conditions clearly state "Return/onward ticket not required" or "The holder of this visa is sponsored". If her visa conditions do not state this, she must enter with a return or onward ticket, even if evidence thereof was not required for the grant of the visa. See INZ's answer to this here.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast