Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bonafide proof Visitor Visa for parent

Default Bonafide proof Visitor Visa for parent

Hi all,

I am an NZ resident and my father would like to visit NZ (on a general visitor visa) for 3-4 months. I am applying online and was wondering if someone can shed light on what pieces of evidence I can submit as proof of bonafide? My father is retired and was self employed all his life, so don't have any pension slips or salary slips to show. He does own a few properties so was thinking of uploading property ownership papers, car ownership papers, license and income tax submissions for the last two-three years. Have I missed anything?

Thanks in advance!

Cheers

Is there anything formal - e.g. civic occasion, voluntary work, artistic venture (whatever) - that he can show he is due to be involved in after he goes back home?

Nope, can't think of anything. He is a part of a health club that meets daily, but that's very informal. Does it make sense to include that? If is then what documentation would that need?

Hi Param912003,

I don't think this is gonna be a problem as your father is retired.
    I have also applied for my mother general visitor visa which was approved in 5-6 days.

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    Is there anything formal - e.g. civic occasion, voluntary work, artistic venture (whatever) - that he can show he is due to be involved in after he goes back home?
    Hi JandM,

This is a difficult part for all of us. In my case, I could only write a covering letter on how we manage affairs, purpose of visit, timeline and plans after that for her back home. No CO appointed yet (visitor visa applied on 24 March) and its Mumbai branch that decides. My mum is 76 and there is no any documentation proof that I can submit.

Quote Originally Posted by param912003 View Post
    Nope, can't think of anything. He is a part of a health club that meets daily, but that's very informal. Does it make sense to include that? If is then what documentation would that need?
    He could ask one of the other members to write him a letter saying they will look forward to seeing him back (on whatever date), after his holiday in New Zealand.

When I applied for a visitor visa for my husband, I had to show proof that he has incentives to return to his home country "if the relationship were to break down". I provided evidence like a letter from him outlining his Family ties back home. this was to show that he's got strong connections back home like his direct family. If possible provide Bank statements to show funds, property etc

Hi all, thanks for all your suggestions. Can someone please advice if a Police certificate is needed for a visitor visa for less duration of visit less than 6 months?

Thanks, JandM, sorry to trouble you again but I have one final question. My partner is sponsoring my father for a 4-5 month visit. My father is retired and has no international travel history. This is going to be his first trip abroad. Will pre-booked return tickets be required in his case?
    Can anyone please share their experience?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast