Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jeyes fluid

Default Jeyes fluid

Hi

To all who have already made the move and used jeyes fluid to clean garden equipment etc, did the smell affect anything else in the container and if so how long did it take to go away.

Bev

It's a concern of mine too, because it's pretty potent stuff and I cannot stomach the smell. I always associate the smell with dirty people/things as that's what my mum always used to say "only dirty people need Jeyes Fluid".

That made me laugh !!! I always associate Jeyes Fluid with my time at junior school. You could always tell if one of the kids had been sick 'cos the entire area would be flooded with Jeyes Fluid.

I hope somebody can answer this query 'cos I don't want my entire house contents arriving smelling like Polly Baxter from The Martlett junior school has thrown up all over them !!!

Diny

Hi folks

With regards to Jeyes Fluid, a company called ARCO (www.arco.co.uk) do a product called Grez Off. It is a US, FDA approved product and kills loads of stuff and an industrial degreaser for oily stuff. Less stinky than jeyes fluid!

Just a thought!

Abbie

I did all my garden stuff with Jeyes Fluid and had no problems. All the stuff is that well wrapped up there was no way the smell could get through.

Bobby

Default I think I stink!

Today, I am mostly wearing "Eau De Jeyes Fluid"! Taking advantage of the bright sunny afternoon we had today, my garden furniture and tools received a thoroughly good scrubbing in the Jeyes Sheep dip. It's darned evil stuff, mixed up all scummy with floaty bits, yuk. I waded in armed with my scrubbing brush at arms length, without much reading of the toxic warnings on the tin. Mistake number one, forgot to put on rubber gloves and now my hands are stinging and stinking like crazy.

I've since washed my hands a dozen times or more, had a bath, washed my hair, done the washing up and I can still smell it on my hands.

Was Rayleigh, Essex..now in Tamatea, Napier

That will be us soon... :eek :eek

At least they'll let you through customs without any worries !!!

Diny

Diny, I'm not so sure now that the skin on my hands is flaking and peeling off, they might think I have some infectious disease.

Seriously guys this is "evil" stuff and care should be taken not to let it get it on your delicate little hands.

Lil,

we used Zoflora (summer floral flavour, or something) in the hope it'd be less pungeant, but to no avail! The small is still lurking in the house days later even though the stuff's been packed ... and it's given mi poor hubby a headacher! I hope it 'airs' out of stuff at the other side sooner rather than later - yeauch

Dianne

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast