Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Partner work visa

Default Partner work visa

Hey guys I was hoping could help me out with some questions about this visa (partner work visa)

I’ve applied for this visa on April the 1st, so just over 6 weeks ago, payed an immigration advisor to do it for me. I’ve been living with my fiancée in her parents house for the last 12 months. We have our own sleep out and have our separate lives to her parents, pay our own bills, have a joint bank account, and own a car together. The immigration advisor seems fairly confident with all the documents we’ve given him but the only thing that could work against us is that we don’t have our own place and there for don’t have a tenancy agreement and also we don’t really have that many bills with both our names on it, mainly under my name or her name, but they are both sent to this address. We do have car insurance under both our names and a phone bill but that’s about it, but plenty of letters under our own names for our address.

Does anyone think we will have any issues because of this? My immigration advisor can’t say too much as all he can do is submit my visa to the best he can, but was just wondering has anyone else applied for this visa and got any luck while not having their own place etc.

Also we’ve been waiting around 6 weeks, last we heard it hadn’t been looked at yet. Anyone know of the rough estimate times for this visa, as I’m currently unemployed on an interim visa until it comes through.

Thanks in advance :-)

Yes, many people have been granted a partner-sponsored visa in this situation. You will probably need to supply a letter from the parents to state that you have your private space as a couple within their property, and maybe if people have visited you there, they can also write in support of the fact.

Do a search on the forum - there are quite a few threads dealing with how long people have been waiting with different kinds of applications. This is normal for the time, unfortunately. INZ are struggling to deal with a backlog.

Yep, we do have a letter from her parents stating this, I will probably ask one of her parents friends to write one for us as well, who comes over quite often, the more the better I guess.

Fair enough, is it just random do you know? Or how do they prioritise? I do see some people say they got it back within 2 weeks and some say it’s taken over 4 months. It’s just a shame I didn’t put my application in sooner but was told it should be back before my current visa expires, as it now leaves my employer not knowing what’s going to happen and if he needs to find someone else. Luckily he’s going to keep my job for me for now but if it’s still a while away he may have to find someone else.

Appreciate your advice, and this forum is pretty awesome to find stuff out.

Thank you

Applications go in a date-order queue upon arrival, to wait to be allocated to a CO. The time in the queue is just the time it takes for your case to move gradually up the line as the COs working your kind of visa to finish some of their work (they all work about 100 cases in rotation at a time) and have room for more, then they take the one(s) at the front.

Once a CO has a case, all the evidence has to be verified, and every case is different, hence the variation in how long it takes. One file may have twice as much proof, and the CO needs to check with whoever provided each piece of evidence to make sure it is true. Then those third parties - some may reply immediately, but others may not see the urgency, or be away when the request comes, etc., etc.. It takes as long as it takes.

Hi Craig,

I have noticed that the faster processed applications for partner work Visa are all people who submitted them at the same time as applying for their Partnership Residency Visa and whom have already had a partnership Work Visa before. (Not sure if this has an impact but it does seems to correlate).

Otherwise, I submitted my Partnership Work Visa on Feb 19, 2019 and still have not been assigned a CO which means it has not even gone through any checks yet and is still in the queue.

3 months so far.

Immigration has stressed that it is taking around 4 months. I am also unable to work on my Visa while I wait, I know it is hard but what has been worse is waiting it out like it would happen sooner than the 4 months. Definitely hope for faster and have a plan for it taking the full time! It will help you keep your sanity.

Best of luck to you!

Quote Originally Posted by CraigSFC View Post
    was just wondering has anyone else applied for this visa and got any luck while not having their own place etc.
    My partner and I applied for a partnership work visa and partnership residency while living with my parents, and both were approved A joint tenancy agreement is just one piece of evidence that can be helpful to have, but isn't compulsory. We gave the same evidence you gave (except we didn't own a car together) and it was never questioned. We just explained in our cover letter that we were saving up for our own place and my mother wrote a letter saying something similar.

Okay that’s very helpful, thank you Cannoli. So annoying waiting around, and mine is just under 2 months, so must be much worse for you!! When I originally went for the visa I was told 3/5 weeks so obviously this wasn’t the case. Just wish I would of known sooner so I could of gone for the visa sooner, but at least I’ll know for next time!

Good luck to you too and I hope you have an answer real soon!

Quote Originally Posted by herodias View Post
    My partner and I applied for a partnership work visa and partnership residency while living with my parents, and both were approved A joint tenancy agreement is just one piece of evidence that can be helpful to have, but isn't compulsory. We gave the same evidence you gave (except we didn't own a car together) and it was never questioned. We just explained in our cover letter that we were saving up for our own place and my mother wrote a letter saying something similar.
    Thanks herodias, nice to hear about you getting the visas without owning a place together. I was worried they may use that against us but hopefully we get the same outcome as you and get it very soon! We have got her parents to write that also and included it on our visa. And also her grandparents as they come over quite often and can tell we are very self sufficient etc. We will definitely be moving out soon we are just waiting on this visa so we can make some future plans and find our own place before we go for residency, even though as you said it’s not compulsory to have our own place but I think it may give us an extra advantage when we do go for it! Fingers crossed on some good news very soon! :-)

Quote Originally Posted by herodias View Post
    Just another question, her parents wrote out a contract, just a small one stating how much I pay rent weekly, and what it covers etc, which we both signed (dated when I originally moved in) .

So not a tenancy agreement just a little contract made between us? Did you have something similar? I was advised it would be a good idea I just hope immigration find it legit, and not think it’s a made up one just for the application.

Thanks

Craig

It wouldn't stand as THE ONLY piece of evidence, but it's better to have than not.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast