Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Concerned About 2PC Check

Default Concerned About 2PC Check

Hi JandM, EGoodHue,

I was told on 09-Apr-2019 that my application is in queue for 2PC. As 2PC timeline was going 4 weeks (as I understood from the Forum), I asked CO for update on 09-May-2019 and was told that CO was doing some additional work as a result of 2PC check and shall get back to me if they need anything from my side. So far CO has not asked anything from me.

I am just concerned, what could be the additional work and how long it can take? does additional work include additional national security check? or it is just some paper work. I am concerned if additional work include national security check (which had been completed already) than its going to take ages again.

CO has not asked anything from my side which means that 2PC does not have any comments on the documents otherwise CO would have asked for clarification or additional documents.

Now almost 7 weeks have gone, I also understood that after comments from 2PC, the file is considered as priority for the remedial work and work faster than usual.

Could you please give some insight?

regards,

The second-person check officer has to look over the work the first CO has done on the case. They may find for, instance, a mistake in the way the CO has written up something - a procedural error - or some fact in the case which is not sufficiently proved according to INZ rules and needs more evidence, or even some item which didn't get verified at all. In other words, there are all sorts of reasons for which a case CAN have to be sent back to the CO to be put right. Many of those reasons would not involve the CO having to ask the applicant anything further at all - for instance, if s/he needs more verification, it will be from a third party, or if there is something about your employer's finances, you would not be involved. The fact that you don't hear anything doesn't mean that nothing is happening.

I have never heard of anyone having to have ANOTHER NSC. If you've been told it's done, that's it, it's there in the file. It comes from the foreign government, and it is what it is.

And yes, a case going back to the 2pc officer doesn't have to wait in line again behind all the cases that haven't yet been looked at.

Thanks JandM, I hope that things move faster...

Any Idea how much time does the remedial work take?? any guess? or is it a big unknown?

There's no way to tell, because outside that INZ office, nobody knows what the 2pc has told your original CO has to be done.

Hi ozman750
    I am also in the same boat. My application went back to the CO from 2PC now its more than 8 weeks. CO told me that they are going to contact me or my employer for further details. Its 4 weeks now. No other improvements so far.

Thanks S_M_S for the update. Kindly post here when you get reply from CO. I shall do the same.

I hope that we both get positive answer as soon as possible.

Hi ozman
    My case officer has sent more queries to my employer, some of them are previously asked and was clearly answered . A bit confusing. Hope everything may go well.

Today I received email from my employer regarding status of my application. He also told me that my CO contacted him in May for queries regarding business, and many other things about the job offer which he has replied.
    Lets see now what that brings

That's good. Let's wait and see.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast