Thread: Whv

Default Whv

Hi all, does anyone know how USA working holiday visas are currently being handled. I haven't seen any info or people saying that there are delays but my partners whv application has been 6 months waiting and immigration give no info. Is this maybe an issue specific to her? Thanks

Hi, that sounds like a really long time for a WHV. The website says 3 months for the longest processing time. I am in the process of waiting for a different Visa and what I found really helpful for me to see what information INZ held for me was filling out this form and emailing it to the email listed on the doc.

https://www.immigration.govt.nz/docu...questform.docx

I received a response in less than a week even though it says 20 days. Here is what I requested:

I selected "I would like all information INZ hold on me, including all notes and info related to application # {insert your application number}"

This was so helpful to see what was in the works with my Visa. I even saw that my application was labeled low-risk etc and every note that was written during each assessment.

Also, if the timeframe exceeds the processing times listed on their website, you can contact customer service and ask them to escalate it due to the time it has taken.

Hope this helps.

@cannoli nice suggestion... might be a good way to know what went wrong for those people who have their applications declined...

Looks like they have removed this form and turned it into an online submission form.

https://www.immigration.govt.nz/cont...ation-about-me