Thread: Item on its way 1 week after lodgement

Question Item on its way 1 week after lodgement

Hi,

I'm concerned. Lodged WTR application (Talent Residence) 1 week ago (sent via NZ POST). So far they haven't charged my credit card.

Now I got an email stating that "An item has been dispatched with New Zealand Couriers and is now on its way to you.". What could that be?

Original documents? There weren't many included, mostly certified copies.

Very concerned now.

Cheers,
    yesno

I think you are right, it is probably your original documents. So don't stress.

They've sent the whole application back, because the police certs from home country were just translations and as such did not include certified copies of the originals or the originals.
    Have added the missing documents and re-submitted.
    Still wondering why they need to send the whole thing back instead of just asking via email if it is possible to send the originals or certified copies and then proceed as normal. But who knows, they seem to have precise rules for everything. Which can be good and bad, depending on who it hits. In this case, it hit me.

I think they send the application back because they don't want an incomplete one sitting about taking up space, potentially containing personally valuable evidence that they would have to be responsible for, with the chance that if the person actually COULDN'T supply whatever the missing item is, it could never be lodged at all.

They just don’t want to lose your important documents