Thread: EOI point is deducted and status changed to submitted..

Default EOI point is deducted and status changed to submitted..

Hello,

My name is Jack and have worked as software engineer in one of Comapable market.

I found that my EOI status was changed to submitted from selected.
    The point was decreased to 120 because they decreased my work experience.
    How long does it take to receive an email from the Immigration government?
    EOI was selected on 7 May and its status was updated on 27 May.

Please share your experiences and wisdom.

I got the e-mail in one week after the points was reduced during credibility check for same reason last year May. That is exactly 2 weeks from the date of EOI selection. But when I reapplied, EOI was rejected again because my experience was not in comparable labour market. There was no email from them. I applied again in last September after having the necessary work experience at comparable labour market and got selected.
    Immigration New Zealand is undergoing a resource crunch at the moment, so don't be suprised if you do not get any email.
    It is good to get an advice from a licenced immigration lawyer for your next move. I guess JandM and EGoodhue shall provide more insight on this issue.

Did they give a reason for not allowing all your work experience?

Hi Risimbu JandM
    Thanks for your replies.
    Finally I received an email yesterday.

He said that one of my work experience was before I got Bachellor's degree and it should be avoided. I can add another work experience instead of that because I did not add current work place's experience when I wrote the EOI form.
    (I was afraid that my current company knows my immigration plan)

He also said that I need a letter from IT Professionals to get bonus point of long term shortage.
    I will prepare university graduation certificate s and submit them to https://itp.nz to get a letter. Should I add some comment about this when I request a letter to itp.nz?

'Having reviewed the information in your Expression of Interest, it appears you must provide a letter from IT Professionals New Zealand certifying that the degree and any further learning meet the benchmark requirements in New Zealand as listed in column 4 of the Long Term Skill Shortage List.'

It sounds as though it all makes sense now, and you can "save" this application. (It is normal that work experience has to date from AFTER qualification in order to count for points.)

In your place, yes, I would send a covering letter to IT Professionals telling them your whole picture.

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    It sounds as though it all makes sense now, and you can "save" this application. (It is normal that work experience has to date from AFTER qualification in order to count for points.)

In your place, yes, I would send a covering letter to IT Professionals telling them your whole picture.
    Just curious -- I know of someone interested in applying some time in the future when he's done with school. He has received his undergrad BS degree in Engineering, and is currently working on his doctorate in Engineering. He is working part-time in his field while also going to school. Would, in this instance, his work experience count (post receiving his BS degree)?

Yes, that's correct.