Thread: Applying for a residency through a financially lost employer

Default Applying for a residency through a financially lost employer

I submitted my Skilled Migration resident visa application and now it is processing. I already have employee support 3 years work visa from that company.

Now already one year has gone from that work visa. Immigration officer requested for Financial statements from my employer but this company started in April 2018 and they haven't Finalised their Financial Statements for the year ending 2019 yet.

This company belongs to a Group which have other 9 companies which make profits and does various investments in profitable projects and companies. Therefore If the employer writes a letter regarding their business stability and future plans as well as explaining group structure stability, would that be helpful?

1. If this company (not the group) have a loss in their financial statements will that effect in my residency?

2. Would they consider the fact that this company is belonging to a Group?

As a practical reason, most of the business make losses in their first financial years until they achieve their growth

https://www.immigration.govt.nz/opsmanual/#66791.htm SM6.30.10 e makes me think that the kind of letter you suggest may be useful.

Other forum members have found that INZ want to know about the detailed finances underpinning the employer's company. The employer has been asked to show their business plan, etc., particularly in the state of a start-up without a long trading history to show. This is all dealt with confidentially, directly between the employer and INZ, and possibly the firm's accountant - there is no sharing of the employer's private plans and financial business with the employee. And yes, if all is found to be looking like a sound business venture, regardless of present lack of profits, people have been awarded their visas.

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    https://www.immigration.govt.nz/opsmanual/#66791.htm SM6.30.10 e makes me think that the kind of letter you suggest may be useful.

Other forum members have found that INZ want to know about the detailed finances underpinning the employer's company. The employer has been asked to show their business plan, etc., particularly in the state of a start-up without a long trading history to show. This is all dealt with confidentially, directly between the employer and INZ, and possibly the firm's accountant - there is no sharing of the employer's private plans and financial business with the employee. And yes, if all is found to be looking like a sound business venture, regardless of present lack of profits, people have been awarded their visas.
    Thank you very much