Thread: Variation of Conditions - Changing a job on ESV

Default Variation of Conditions - Changing a job on ESV

Hi everyone,

I've had an ESV for about 6 months now (a 3-year visa in total), and my visa conditions state that I can only work in xxx position with xxx company at xxx location (outside Auckland). Unfortunately, I feel there's no real growth opportunities for my career in this company, and I am thinking about applying for the same position but for a different company in a different part of New Zealand. My work is ANZSCO Level 1, if that changes anything. I was just wondering if I do secure a position in a different part of NZ and with a different company, could I apply for a Variation of Conditions of my existing ESV or would I have to apply for a new ESV?
    I have a feeling the answer is no and I would either have to go through an application for a brand new ESV (a real pain) or apply for an SMC (costly + loooong wait process). Trying to weigh up my options really, so any advice would be much appreciated!

Cheers

if you're going to change the location to a different city then the answer is you'll need to apply for a new ESV unless your occupation is on the skill shortage list.

Otherwise you can apply for VOC if it's in the same city, the same position but with different company.

Hope this helps.

I changed the conditions of my ESV and I could only change one of the conditions. I changed my employer within Auckland so I didn't have to get a new visa. If you want to change employer and location, you'll have to get a new ESV (unless you're on the skills shortage list).

"If you have an Essential Skills Work Visa, and your job isn't on the skill shortage lists, you can only vary your employer. Otherwise, Essential Skills Work Visa holders need to apply for a new work visa to change job or location or to change employment to a lower skill-band."

Ok thanks guys, my job is on the Skills Shortage List, so I guess I will test the water and send out a few applications & see if I could potentially be offered a position elsewhere, and then call up INZ and see what they advise.

https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-...c-are-changing