Thread: Suggestions: Work for a Partner Visa

Default Suggestions: Work for a Partner Visa

I'm on a partner visa, but I'm still studying. I've worked previously as cashier in different companies and now I am currently working as part of the accounting team in my home country before moving to new zealand - as their payroll officer, finance and book keeper. I'm currently taking accountancy, as well.

Anyone who can give me a heads up about what sort of job I might be able to get once I'm there in New Zealand base on my situation? And if I'll be eligible to any job there and landed one, what sort and how much would be the estimated salary I might get? Does companies there also offer HMO and benefits?

Really looking forward for some help. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by michelle1234 View Post
    I'm on a partner visa, but I'm still studying. I've worked previously as cashier in different companies and now I am currently working as part of the accounting team in my home country before moving to new zealand - as their payroll officer, finance and book keeper. I'm currently taking accountancy, as well.

Anyone who can give me a heads up about what sort of job I might be able to get once I'm there in New Zealand base on my situation? And if I'll be eligible to any job there and landed one, what sort and how much would be the estimated salary I might get? Does companies there also offer HMO and benefits?

Really looking forward for some help. Thanks!
    I am confused- are you o a partner visa or, as said in your other post, are you going to apply for a partner visa once your partner actually got his?
    Maybe trademe and seek would be a good place to look for what jobs are around, as well as the requirements etc.

My partner is in new zealand. So he's getting me under partner work visa. Will I be eligible for work?

There are some IFs in this situation.

IF your partner is eligible for a work visa of some kind and it is granted, IF he applies for this visa for you https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-...k-visa-holders, and IF you meet all the requirements (see the Criteria tab on that fact sheet) so the visa is granted, then you would be able to work. You will have to be able to prove your partnership (see old threads with discussion and examples https://www.google.com/search?source...10.KQQrYj4TJeo), and also how you keep up the relationship once he moves away. Partnership applications are always very carefully investigated, because they are the once most commonly targeted by crooks getting people to lie to obtain them a visa.

What are the requirements to able to apply that partner work visa?

Go to the link I gave in my last post, then click on the tab at the top, Criteria.