Thread: Passport submission needed (?) for new visitor visa (extension of soon to expire visitor visa)

Thumbs up Passport submission needed (?) for new visitor visa (extension of soon to expire visitor visa)

Hello everyone,

My friend has submitted a new visitor visa for her mother already in NZ on a visit. Technically, it's an extension but it has been applied as a new visitor visa. She has completed and submitted:

INZ 1025 - Sponsorship Form for Temporary Entry
    INZ 1224 - Visitor Visa Declaration Form (as authority granted by mother to my friend)

My friend has now been received an acknowledgement email which requires her to submit her passport.

Is it required to submit the passport even though the applicant is in New Zealand?

Thanks!
    Famed

Yes.

I can't tell you any particular regulation which states this, and people's experience varies as to whether sight of the actual passport is or is not required.

But basically, if someone wants a visa, they do what INZ tells them. The more they query or argue about anything (especially about something relatively straightforward to carry out, like this is), the longer delay there will be.

are you going with the paper submission?

Quote Originally Posted by cakes88 View Post
    are you going with the paper submission?
    Nope. She has submitted the application online.

Latest update: Visitor visa has been approved (in less than a week) before the mother's passport was sent (perhaps since passport was checked before during original application when it was first approved and the applicant is already onshore on visit).