Thread: What is the Verification procedure For SMC resident visa ?

Default What is the Verification procedure For SMC resident visa ?

Hi all, So I submitted My EOI in the first week of march and My EOI was selected on 21st of March 2019. We have submitted all the required documents requested by my case officer. The CO conducted a Telephonic interview with me asking about my duties and all the stuff. The CO also sent an Questioner to my Boss. My boss was/ Is out Of New Zealand so My HR Manager answered the questions on My bosses behalf. We were given time to complete these questions not later that the last Tuesday. My HR manager Sent the Email to CO on Monday Afternoon.

Can someone explain what are the steps after this ?

So here are the steps already done

1. EOI SELECTED
    2. ITA documents Submitted.
    3. CO assigned.
    4. CO conducted telephonic Interview with me.
    5. CO sent questions to MY boss asking about my position and roles.
    6. HR manager replied to CO with all the answers.

What happens after this please ?

It will pretty much be a big waiting game from here onward.

In more details, the CO will assess your application with all the information you have provided and if they have everything they need then they will recommend a decision to be made (either approved or declined). It will then go into what we refer to as 2PC (or QC) where a senior CO / manager will double check that the decision has been made correctly. If it is then a final decision will be given, if not it will go back to the original CO to fix.

If the CO need to verify anything else they will contact you (or other third party) for them.

Also note that you are very lucky to have complete all of this in the span of 3 months. Most of us have been waiting for 6 months just to be assigned to a CO (and they usually won't make any contact for another month or so..)

You are very fortunate already so just be patient

Assessing the application means checking that there is evidence to show that you meet the requirements for each section of points you have claimed, and it also involves verifying every piece of evidence, by asking a third party who is in a position to know if it is true.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunkub View Post
    It will pretty much be a big waiting game from here onward.

In more details, the CO will assess your application with all the information you have provided and if they have everything they need then they will recommend a decision to be made (either approved or declined). It will then go into what we refer to as 2PC (or QC) where a senior CO / manager will double check that the decision has been made correctly. If it is then a final decision will be given, if not it will go back to the original CO to fix.

If the CO need to verify anything else they will contact you (or other third party) for them.

Also note that you are very lucky to have complete all of this in the span of 3 months. Most of us have been waiting for 6 months just to be assigned to a CO (and they usually won't make any contact for another month or so..)

You are very fortunate already so just be patient

Ahhh True, So it is a bit different. I was not aware of the fact there is second check apart from the first one done by the CO.
    Aww well this explains everything.

Chur

What was the time frame between submitting your ITA to 2PC?

Ahh man, Not too sure as to where or who is looking at the application right now. We have sent the requested paper work to CO and not sure if She will forward it to 2PC.

Here is the timeline

EOI Submitted 6th March 2019
    EOI Selected 21st March
    ITA Documents submitted 23rd April 2019
    CO assisgned ( not 100% sure but I think it was between 20th May to 28th May 2019 )
    CO sends email asking about IRD and Pay Slips on 28th May 2019
    CO calls me and Conducts telephonic Interview 29th May 2019
    All the Required Documents and Questions asked By CO answered and submitted 10th June 2019

So yeah, I am not sure if after this CO will forward the Application To 2PC or what.

Thanks

You are getting ahead of yourself. When you send replies to what the CO has requested, those replies go to your file, wherever it is in his/her rotating queue of 100 cases being worked at the same time. The CO will not look at them until your file has worked its way once more to the front of the queue and gets its next turn for attention. Then the CO will send out requests for all that evidence to be verified; that is, everyone who supplied evidence gets asked if that truly came from them. Only when ALL the answers are back (and that can take weeks or months) can the CO proceed to making a recommendation for an outcome, and it's at that stage the file goes for 2pc.