Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Urgent SMC Visa category Query

Hi JandM
    We have been waiting for a reply from Case officer and were told that she was on leave. Finally after talking to her manager she replied us in January with a PPI letter. In which she stated that business is not financially sustainable and has asked for verification. Also, CO has assessed my file against a ANZSCO code which I have not applied. We will be replying to PPI within this week. My major concern is my Visa is expiring in March and I do not have sufficient time to apply for a new visa and I won't be able to find a new job by that time.
    Can you help in replying to the insustainability reasons?
    My wife is working under accredited employer but her job title falls under low skilled (Level 4). Does she has to apply under Talen Accredited visa or Essential skills visa? Does she need to provide a employment supplimentary form? Can she support me under her visa?

When people get a PPI letter about the sustainability of the employer's business, it is not anything the applicant can convincingly apply to - it needs to have a reply from the employer and/or his/her accountant. The employer's finances are not YOUR affair - s/he can't be expected to tell you about e.g. their business plans, who is giving them a loan for how much, etc., so they need to tell INZ directly (and it will be kept confidential from you, you can tell your employer).
    CO has assessed my file against a ANZSCO code which I have not applied.
    That quite commonly happens if a CO thinks a different ANZSCO code is a better fit for the duties the applicant has described. Might this have happened in your case? Does the code they've put forward sound reasonably like your job?

my Visa is expiring in March and I do not have sufficient time to apply for a new visa
    If you apply for another work visa while the present one is still current, even mere DAYS before (and I've even heard of someone who applied on the day of expiry and this worked), INZ can issue an Interim visa to keep you legally in NZ while the case was processed.

Your wife could only apply for at Talent (Accredited Employer) work visa if she was earning at least $79560 a year.

You would have to check your wife's situation against the requirements for Essential Skills. https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-...-visa#criteria As her work is low-skilled, she would not be allowed to support you for a partner of a worker work visa. https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-...partner/slider

Given the unfavourable situation of your wife's work, it sounds as though your best course of action is to press on with your own visa application. Remember, a PPI email is not hostile; it is INZ informing you that something about your application, given the information they have at the moment, is not in line with requirements, and giving you the chance to provide more information, evidence or explanations. MANY people on the forum have had PPIs, and/but have then been successfully issued with a visa.

Hi JandM

Thank you for your help. CO is accessing my job against a code which was proposed by immigration in my appeal. But I did not apply for that code as I felt even this is not a suitable match to my work. But she is still accessing it against the code which i never opted.

I am really confused on how to reply to the PPI letter. Is there by any chance you can help me to draft a response for the same?

I am really confused on how to reply to the PPI letter. Is there by any chance you can help me to draft a response for the same?
    As mentioned above, YOU cannot be expected to have information to reassure INZ about the financial status of your employer. The employer or their accountant is the only person who can give the information. You need to ask your employer to give INZ the information asked for. Then you write and tell INZ the employer will (privately from you) answer their questions. (This is assuming the employer agrees to help - since s/he is supporting your application, it seems reasonable to expect that s/he will).

I can't help more than that, as I'm just a member of the public, not an LIA - it would be illegal, and could do harm to the ENZ forum.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12