Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Resident Visa to Permanent Resident processing times?!

Default Resident Visa to Permanent Resident processing times?!

Hi all,

I know it is never possible to say how long these things will take, but has anybody recently had PR granted (last 3 months) and how long did it take?

I STUPIDLY booked a holiday to Australia, leaving a month after my travel restrictions expired on my Resident Visa.

My lodgement date for my PR application was 30th May, INZ have confirmed my application is with a CO and in it's final stages, we are due to fly on 26th June.

INZ website currently says 75% are processed within 28 days, but even that's cutting it fine (again please no comments on my stupidity, I am VERY aware haha).

They said unless we have an emergency (bereavement or surgery that we need to leave NZ) they won't return our passports until the decision is made.

Getting a bit nervous that holiday is going to get cancelled!

Thank you,

Sarah

My experience is their predictions are pretty accurate. I didn't get mine within the last three months (October 2018), but my processing time was pretty much exactly what they predicted as the minimum amount of time. When I got any visa (visitor, work, residence), my processing time was what was predicted as the minimum time on the website.

Quote Originally Posted by Snos View Post
    Hi all,

My lodgement date for my PR application was 30th May, INZ have confirmed my application is with a CO and in it's final stages, we are due to fly on 26th June.

Sarah
    Hi Sarah,
    I'm more or less in the same case...How have you learnt a case officer has been assigned and that it's in the final stage? I have tried to call but without success so far so I was wondering if you knew any other way because it was a paper submission so I am not sure that I can check status on line.
    Thanks in advance.

Hi French_kiwi I literally called INZ and spoke to someone on the phone. Mine was a paper submission. I don’t know if it’s different for different applications though?

Quote Originally Posted by Snos View Post
    Hi French_kiwi I literally called INZ and spoke to someone on the phone. Mine was a paper submission. I don’t know if it’s different for different applications though?
    Ok thanks, will try calling them again and insisting then

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewKiwi View Post
    My experience is their predictions are pretty accurate. I didn't get mine within the last three months (October 2018), but my processing time was pretty much exactly what they predicted as the minimum amount of time. When I got any visa (visitor, work, residence), my processing time was what was predicted as the minimum time on the website.
    It says 75% within 28 days, 28 days from their recognised submit date would be literally the day we are due to fly. It's not looking good....

When I sent my PR +/-3weeks ago the processing time was 35 calendar days.
    Where have you seen the info regarding the 28days?

Just check it again at it jumped to 44days :/
    sorry dont want to upset you, just sharing as I also have the need to travel for professional reasons.

https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-...nd-fees-finder

In regards my process I just received an email with the confirmation that my process have been received, which is the standard mail type.

Cheers and good luck
    PS: keep us update

Quote Originally Posted by Nelson81 View Post
    When I sent my PR +/-3weeks ago the processing time was 35 calendar days.
    Where have you seen the info regarding the 28days?

Just check it again at it jumped to 44days :/
    sorry dont want to upset you, just sharing as I also have the need to travel for professional reasons.

https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-...nd-fees-finder

In regards my process I just received an email with the confirmation that my process have been received, which is the standard mail type.

Cheers and good luck
    PS: keep us update
    On immigration website: https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-...sa-application

Capture.jpg

Hubby just phoned and spoke to someone different, and this person said there's no reason they should be holding onto our passports, and we are within our rights to go offshore, we just can't re-enter again until the application is approved... which she also confirmed shouldn't be an issue with our time frame given is is already with a CO. She has put a note on our file asking for our passports to be returned, and told us to call back on Monday and ask for the tracking number if we haven't heard anything.
    It could happen!!!

It seems that things will work out but will tell you what happened to me a couple years ago. I was due to fly to the Uk and an urgent hospital appointment came up. I contacted my travel agent, explained to them and they were fantastic and deferred everything for a week for just a $50 charge. Could the same thing not be done for you if it got too close?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast