Thread: Apply for Partnership work visa twice

Default Apply for Partnership work visa twice

Hi,
    I'm sorry if this has been asked before but I couldn't find it any recent posts.
    I'm currently living in Auckland on a partnership work visa which expires on 5th July. My partner and I pretty much have everything ready to go to submit my Residency visa. Everything except a police check from Australia, which has taken way longer than expected! I'm now really worried as I'm running out of time to submit my residency visa before my current visa finishes. Is it possible to re-apply for another partnership work visa now before I have submitted the Residency visa?
    Thanks for your time!

Hi, what I know you need an existing visa while your Residency is being lodged/pending (as waiting time take months). So basically, you need to apply for a new partnership work visa.

Quote Originally Posted by Debsb123 View Post
    Is it possible to re-apply for another partnership work visa now before I have submitted the Residency visa?
    You must do this if you want to legally remain within New Zealand while your Resident Visa is being processed. An Interim Visa is only granted to people who have applied for another temporary visa before their previous temporary visa expires (see I1.5); as such, you will not be granted an Interim Visa on the basis of having a Resident Visa application in progress.

If you do not apply for a further temporary visa before your current temporary visa expires, you must leave New Zealand before the expiration of your current temporary visa. Should you fail to lodge an application for a further temporary visa before your current temporary visa expires, and do not leave New Zealand before the expiration of your current temporary visa, you will be considered to be unlawfully in New Zealand (see D2.10) and will be liable for deportation.

Hi,debsb123, may I asked how do you apply for Australia police check with fingerprints. Is the post shop do fingerprints? How long now since you applied?

Ive just done the fingerprint thing, got them done at post office, printed out the form, sent it off, now waiting for it to come back. https://www.afp.gov.au/what-we-do/se...-police-checks