Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Ita june 2019!

Finally! we have some good news to share.

Main principal my husband
ANSZCO Code 3212 MOTOR MECHANICS

25/06/2019 - Skill migrant residency application lodgement date

In between, made redundant twice due to COVID, sent in updated information about the latest job and updated evidence for maintaining a relationship.

31/12/2020 - case finally assigned to a case officer

13/01/2021 - first contact from the case officer informing us that he/she will be assessing our case

13/01/2021 - first contact to employer with some basic questions about pay, job responsibility, Organization chart however, employer was on holiday replied only on 19/01/2021

29/01/2021 - contacted co via email to check on the status of assessment, co replied said still assessing. 

During this period of time, we felt so helpless and wanting to email her so badly but at the same time we tried our best not to annoy her. lol. I have been refreshing the online services page almost everyday, every hour. 

15/02/2021 - Auckland Level 3 for 3 days 

17/02/2021 - called CC to ask for updates on our case, CC mentioned that initial assessment has been done but there is no notes or updated information on our case, CO will continue to process the case (CC doesn’t know what is the next step)

Another week later.

24/02/2021 - called CC to ask for updates on our case, once again, CC mentioned that initial assessment has be done but there is no updated notes, but this time CC mentioned that my travel movement where my last arrival date in NZ is missing, she asked me to request an update by sending email to movement checks.customs@govt.nz. At the same time, my husband called me (my husband is the main applicant) and said CO called him and interviewed him about the job. There wasn’t any email or note stating that she would call, so we were quite surprise. The interview lasted about 25-30 minutes, CO said that she will make her assessment after that.

The interview was mainly focus on the job and daily responsibilitie, CO asked question according to the information on the ANZSCO page.. 
For example: Do you do this.. Do you work on.. Can you give me an example how you.. 

25/02/2021 - CO emailed my husband asking for a new chest x-ray for me because she saw that in the system I have left NZ in Aug 2019 and hasn't come back to new Zealand. We were both at work and only got to reply her at night clarifying our situations and show her the entry stamp I got when I entered NZ in Jan 2020. 

26/02/2021 - CO contacted my husband around 8.30am verifying our situation and asked for my number. CO contacted me directly after speaking to my husband and asked me to send her more evidence to show that I have been in NZ for the past 1 year and 3 months (IRD, payslips, letters from my ex-neighbours, landlord and building manager, clickncollect Countdown Receipts during lockdown as I was the person who went to collect the groceries). CO was very nice and replied to us immediately confirming that she received our email. 

1/03/2021 - Auckland Level 3 First day. Contacted CC to check if my travel movement has been updated, CC mentioned no update and advised me to send an email to custom to follow up. At the same time we emailed our CO to check if a new x-ray still needed for me and updates on our case. CO replied immediately saying that there is no need for new X-ray, but she mention nothing on our residency case.

11/03/2021 - Contact CC - OUR CASE HAS BEEN FORWARDED TO 2PC - IT IS NOW IN ALLOCATION SINCE - 8TH OF MARCH

Feeling really anxious, seeing others lodged on a later date but getting approved earlier than us. But its good to see others update so we know if our case is moving forward accordingly.

31/03/2021 - between 11.00am-12.10pm - Status online changed from Pending to APPROVED (I've been refreshing the page every half an hour from Monday to Wednesday , based on observation, most 2PC gets assigned from Monday - Wednesday)

1/04/2021 - Received our AIP and asked to send in passport.

Thank you everyone for your help, especially @JandM, @Kelerei and @ErinGoodhue. It is this forum and facebook page that kept us sane. It is not an easy process but stay strong everyone!

For those who got their resident Visas approved in July 2019, we will be eligible for citizenship by April 1, 2024? Is this right?

Assumption: Presence criteria met in every year counted backwards.

See my answer to your PM, Cricfor.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789