Thread: PR Application

Default PR Application

hi i want to ask one question on behalf of my friend, he wants to put PR application before travel expiry date bcz he has plan for travel to overseas.can he drop his pr application before last week of travel expiry date? for ex: last week of 24 months.
    thanks

No. A form submitted to INZ is a legal document, and by submitting it, you are warranting that everything in it is true. So you can't claim anything in advance (e.g. a qualification before the exam results are out, a qualifying length of time before it's complete), because it isn't true YET.

If your friend's travel plans can't be changed, what he can do to get round the problem is to apply for a Variation of Travel Conditions. https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-...vel-conditions Then he'll be able to travel, and put in for PR after he comes back, when there isn't any time pressure.

And I will recommend to apply to a Variation of Travel Conditions, as soon as possible.... I did ours 2 months prior the trip and it was approved 2 weeks before the trip (yes the trip was for the same day of the travel condition expiration date)…

once he is back, he can apply to the PR... yes I know extra money, but better to be in the right site of the law!