Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Visitor visa ( Genuine Reason )

Default Visitor visa ( Genuine Reason )

Hi Everyone, I am trying to do some research on Visitor visa. I came across a few threads and how it is getting tough and immigration is so hard on giving visitor visas.

So I have been talking to a girl from Colombia online. We are planning to see each other. We met online through a dating website. We have been talking since then.
    Now I did talk to my immigration advisor about this and they suggested me not to do anything as my SMC residency application is in. They advised me to tell the girl to apply for a visitor visa on her own and see how it goes.

Now, in my experience and this is something I don't want to do is to lie to the immigration.
    What do you guys think about the reason for a visit being that we met online and we just want to see how it is in person.

To this my immigration advisor said that if we do this, INZ will say that my application is in process and now a girl is visiting, she won't be going back for sure if the result of my application is positive.

Because I want to keep the application genuine, The reason for visit is for us to meet and see how it goes. I plan to go to Colombia but I have to wait till I get an answer from the immigration on my application. Until then it's only her who can visit.

What do you guys think? Any suggestions would be helpful

If she has all requirements on her own to apply and get a Visa she should apply for a Visa on her own otherwise you go visit her first in Colombia. Met my wife online 2015 i am living in Brazil inz denied me 3 times to visit .

All cases are different anyway but good luck but my best suggestion is go see her first , you are the man .

Quote Originally Posted by onyiking View Post
    If she has all requirements on her own to apply and get a Visa she should apply for a Visa on her own otherwise you go visit her first in Colombia. Met my wife online 2015 i am living in Brazil inz denied me 3 times to visit .

All cases are different anyway but good luck but my best suggestion is go see her first , you are the man .
    What was the reason of the denied visa ?
    What evidence did you provide for your visa ?
    If you can share would be great.

Thanks

First I applied to come for a visit even purchased a payed flight ticket and I was declined based on BONA FIDE issue , 2 months later I applied again purchased another ticket providing letters of support from her family and friends and proofs we are chatting yet it was declined, then she came to visit me from new Zealand and we stayed together for just 2weeks , I applied again with further proofs purchasing another paid ticket and it was declined again I didnt argue anyway because 2 weeks aren't enough... to be honest I was actually declined 5 times between 2015 & 2016 until we couldn't take it anymore I asked her to move in with me as I won't spend a dime on inz anymore. All this declines were based on bona fide issue . I have a job and good amount of money for my visit but I wasn't issued not even a limited Visa . No health or serious character issue.

Since January 2017 till date we have being living together and married in Brazil, now we have being living together for 2years and 6months and she has never visited home since then , being in a relationship for about 4years and 4months now (got all proofs).

in a nutshell We have had a terrible, a very terrible experience with inz in the initial stage but now we have applied for a Resident Visa through a Lia and hopefully I'll tell my full story on here when we get a decision.
    I just want you to know you have got something big to face and get ready to sacrifice yet I'll tell you again all cases are different. Did not go well for me doesn't mean it might be same for you , today I just feel like God was just keeping something bigger for me A RESIDENT VISA and funny enough I and my wife are not so keen anymore about coming to nz unlike before as we are having a great life here in Brazil, traveling to different countries making more money that we would probably not make in Nz so we are not so much in a haste anymore and I thank God today for all the declines because today I found myself in a lovely situation that I may likely won't experience if I had moved to nz back then and my wife has built her curriculum and acquired much more experience and certifications that will boost her career when she returns home . Sometimes disappointment can be blessing lol that's my case in your case man just don't expect it to be easy is gonna be a hurdle .good luck brother

Just to add she's a young NZ citizen who left home at 25 because her partner couldn't get in . Leaving her mom behind , the only woman she have in her life and the only child .

Painful , how heart breaks and people get separated from their loved ones because inz didn't believe you . I know they want to keep inz safe from scammers etc but it affects more people with genuine intentions than those with false intentions. Every December I have to bring my mother in law to stay with us in Brazil because I can feel how broken she is without her only child who is her best friend back in nz they are close like twins , they lived together, worked in the same place , worship the same place now she has moved out of their home to live in a church building because she can't stay anymore in the house without her daughter and because we need her to be around people to avoid depression. It's hard man but now all are gradually falling in place though I still see my wife cry often how she misses her mum.
    Last edited by onyiking; 30th June 2019 at 01:17 AM.

Go for it man , if you love her their must be sacrifice to get her to NZ. Cheers

It's sad, and I'm sorry about all this. But we just want to meet each other.
    My question is that, is it too risky for me to sponser her while my Residency application is being processed ?
    By the looks of it, the chances of her visitor visa being approved seems bleak by what I have read. We are not in a relationship or married. We are just at the initial stage, we have met online and we have been talking. Now we just want to see each other in person.
    That's it.
    Relationship and marriage is going to happen after that lol. If we get to that point.
    But I would definitely want to see her.

Thanks guys.

You are not in a position to support an application for a partner-sponsored visa of any kind, because for INZ, partnership equals living together.

When did you put in your ITA?

Quote Originally Posted by Harry_5598 View Post
    It's sad, and I'm sorry about all this. But we just want to meet each other.
    My question is that, is it too risky for me to sponser her while my Residency application is being processed ?
    By the looks of it, the chances of her visitor visa being approved seems bleak by what I have read. We are not in a relationship or married. We are just at the initial stage, we have met online and we have been talking. Now we just want to see each other in person.
    That's it.
    Relationship and marriage is going to happen after that lol. If we get to that point.
    But I would definitely want to see her.

Thanks guys.
    Hehe I just highlighted you because I started same way as you "just to meet" and then the rest is history . Well I got your point and honestly i have no idea if your current application still in process can or may have an impact on it or not .

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    You are not in a position to support an application for a partner-sponsored visa of any kind, because for INZ, partnership equals living together.

When did you put in your ITA?
    I have already posted a thread discussing about the process of investigation for the SMC residency application. You Replied to that thread. My application is in the stage where CO has conducted my interview on the phone and sent questions to my boss, the questions have been answered and now we are waiting for an update.

The conditions of visitor visa states if the applicant has a sponser, not sure if I can be one lol.

And I am not asking for a partner ship visa, I am asking how we can prove to be a genuine case. It's just that we want to meet each other.

My residency application thread
    https://www.enz.org/forum/showthread.php?t=55692
    Last edited by Harry_5598; 30th June 2019 at 04:33 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast