Thread: Can the employer ask for a work Visa to be fast track?

Default Can the employer ask for a work Visa to be fast track?

If the employer can give the reason why the business need the applicant urgent ...can ask for fast track the Visa?

the simple answer is no however, it's not gonna hurt if you try to ask them.

I have heard of employers providing a "letter of urgency" for visa applications, but I am not sure how much it really helps.

It's hit and miss with employer's sending letters requesting priority at the moment - I have seen some instances of success recently, but just as many cases of INZ refusing. It's definitely worth a try though! Best person to email is the Immigration Manager of the team that the work visa application is sitting with - you can find out which team the application is sitting with by calling the contact centre and then I can give you details of who the Manager is accordingly.

Thank you!!

Quote Originally Posted by mmc View Post
    If the employer can give the reason why the business need the applicant urgent ...can ask for fast track the Visa?
    yes it worked for my friend. her employer threatened her to fire from the job as they could not wait for her being not working and the inz was informed about urgency both by the employer and by her LIA. it worked and she got it quick