Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hep B - Positive

Default Hep B - Positive

Dear all.
    I hopes everybody well !
    So I have some questions. and hope to receive the helpful advises from everybody
    My wife have a problem with Hep B and now she must come back to her country
    All blood tests is normal. only ALT 58/40
    So:
    1. She can come to New Zealand again ? (She should take a treatment ? to change Positive to Negative). Anybody or any case can come to NZ after comeback to hometown ?
    2. I got a job as Senior Programmer in New Zealand. So She can get medical waiver if we apply to Resident
    3. I hear some guys told that if my wife take a treatment, she will never come to NZ again ? Is that True or False

Thank alls

What visa is your wife on the moment?

Hi Bro
    My wife's visa is visitor visa but immigration has refused to extend. Now my wife have to go home...
    Last edited by nemofish315; 30th July 2018 at 10:56 AM.

I have seen this with no time to comment further at the moment, but will come back to it.

Pls help me.
    I really worry about this problem.
    the best solution i have to choose ?

I'm sorry to hear about your situation.

Here https://www.immigration.govt.nz/opsmanual/#46506.htm at A4.10.1 you will find the list of medical conditions that INZ find to be an automatic 'no', because they are held to be those that will cost the NZ Health Service a lot for treatment. This includes Hepatitis B-surface antigen positive and meeting criteria for anti-viral treatment in New Zealand .

If your wife's condition did not meet that description, i.e. if treatment was successful, there would not be a reason for outright refusal (but they would still investigate her state of health and probably require more tests and letters from her doctors).

A4.60 has the regulations about getting a medical waiver. https://www.immigration.govt.nz/opsmanual/#45636.htm

The rumour is not true. INZ don't refuse people because they've been through some course of medical treatment. What matters is their state of health at the time they apply, and that there is not any likelihood, according to the doctors, that any condition they suffer from is likely to flare up in the future and need costly care and treatment.

It sounds as though your wife has no choice but to leave NZ as her present visa is about to expire and they will not renew it. To prepare for any future application, remember that you will need to keep records of all the ways that the two of you keep in touch while you are apart, and to save evidence of the time you have been living together now, with the reason she has to leave (correspondence from INZ refusing renewal of the visa). See old threads about partnership evidence, which give discussion and examples of what can be used. https://www.google.com/search?source....0.4ZTi3ZIdbVs

Many Thank Admin
    Your information is very useful
    I have heard from 3 doctors told that the cost for treatment has reduced from $600/month to $40-50/month.
    more information here: https://www.pharmac.govt.nz/news/con...xil-entecavir/
    It is also a beneficial information for my wife right ?

Thank Admin so much

That information about the cost of treatment won't make any difference to what is happening to your wife right now, because the regulation at A4.10.1 still names her illness as one that means refusal (unless and until it is for residence under the family stream). But in due course, it may possible filter through and mean that in the future, the rule is changed.

Yest, my mean it is beneficial information for my wife in next application
    Thank Admin so much

All good wishes to you both.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast