Thread: JSV to RV conditions

Default JSV to RV conditions

Hi JandM, EGoodHue,

I applied for Resident Visa (RV) and got my Job Search Visa (JSV), i am now in Auckland looking for a job.
    To get a RV from JSV, the condition is to get a job offer.
    Is contract job offers (maybe for 6 months) valid for the job proof? Job will be from the LTTSL.

Please advice.

Thanks in advance

No. The employment needs to be "ongoing and sustainable". See here. https://www.immigration.govt.nz/opsmanual/#66791.htm

Quote Originally Posted by krp View Post
    Hi JandM, EGoodHue,

I applied for Resident Visa (RV) and got my Job Search Visa (JSV), i am now in Auckland looking for a job.
    To get a RV from JSV, the condition is to get a job offer.
    Is contract job offers (maybe for 6 months) valid for the job proof? Job will be from the LTTSL.

Please advice.

Thanks in advance
    I am in similar situation and I contacted Nz immigration. As per them minimum you need is a 12 months contract which has good possibilities of renewal on expiry or a permanent job and incase of former you also need to be under the ongoing contract when case officer is reviewing your file.

My personal recommendation is to join the short term contract job and keep looking for 12 month contract or a permanent role job side by side. Try to keep notice period in the short term contract as smaller as possible.
    Last edited by pac.man; 3rd July 2019 at 09:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pac.man View Post
    I am in similar situation and I contacted Nz immigration. As per them minimum you need is a 12 months contract which has good possibilities of renewal on expiry or a permanent job and incase of former you also need to be under the ongoing contract when case officer is reviewing your file.

My personal recommendation is to join the short term contract job and keep looking for 12 month contract or a permanent role job side by side. Try to keep notice period in the short term contract as smaller as possible.
    Thanks JandM and Pac.man
    I have got another query;

At the time of applying my visa application I selected LTSSL as "Systems Analyst (261112)", as part of my career growth I decided to complete my Prince2 certification and after completion of my certification I moved to a similar role before coming to NZ.
    Now started looking for a job in "IT Project management" (ICT Project Manager (135112)) field. Will there be any impact on RV, due to this?

Please advice.

Thanks

I think others in the IT field have found that any skilled (at the same level or higher) and LTSSL ICT role is all right with INZ. Anyone?

This is just a guess more than anything else, but I would imagine that in the interests of fairness, INZ would evaluate as per SM6.10. Like I said, this is speculation on my part, and EGoodhue is probably going to pop in to correct us all shortly...

Thanks JandM and Kelerei

Even I heard that any job within ICT LTSSL works without any issues.
    As per Kelerei, I think lets also wait for EGoodhue to comment on this.

Thanks again