Thread: Applying for a further temporary Visa

Default Applying for a further temporary Visa

Hope someone can help. I am currently on a Long Term Skills Shortage Work Visa which expires in November. I am in the process of applying for a further work visa. When applying online it asks to send proof of my job being advertised and various other proofs which I sent on my first work visa. I am finding it difficult to provide job adverts when I have been doing this job for 2 years. Thank your advice.

Is there some reason why you're not taking the usual next step, and going for the Long Term Skills Shortage List Resident Visa? https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-...dent-work-visa

People don't usually need to get a second LTSSL work visa because they move onto the residence visa - only if INZ tell them the processing will overrun, and then, as it's their fault, some of the red tape is set aside.

Thank you for your reply. I have spoken to Immigration and they said I need to apply for another work visa as they are taking 8 months. I only have 4 months left on my visa. Thank you

So you're the special case I mentioned... In your place, I would check again with INZ and ask them, but I THINK, from what has happened to other people, that if you send a covering letter stating that you've been told to do this by them because of their delays, you won't be pressed for the job advertisement, etc..

In fact, looking at the Employer Supplementary Form INZ 1113, which is a multi-purpose form used in connection with several categories of work visa, you find this at Section C.
    This section must be completed if the person you have offered employment to is applying under the Essential
    Skills work category unless:
    • the occupation is on an Immigration New Zealand skill shortage list (either the Long Term, Immediate,
    or Construction and Infrastructure skill shortage list) and the person meets the qualification and/or work
    experience requirements of the list,
    For one thing, you're not applying under the Essential Skills Category, and for another, even if you were, your occupation is on the LTSSL.

Is your employer by any chance Accredited, as that would make all of this immaterial anyway?

Thank you so much for your help. I will speak to immigration again and ask them if I can send a covering letter. The employer is not yet accredited.

Good luck.

Ugh, this really sucks to hear, the system really is falling apart at the seams isn't it! Through no fault of anyone you're being made to jump through more hoops and spend thousands more because the 6 month buffer they built into the process to handle your residence application isn't enough.

I'm in the exact same boat. My LTSS visa expires in December this year, I submitted my Residence application as soon as I reached 24 months. They took the money the other day and I'd hoped it would be a quick process as my colleague transferred from Skilled Migrant Work Visa to Resident in 9 weeks recently.

Reading this thread has somewhat shot down any hope of that happening. Where did you send your application to rbolton295? Manukau?

Hi @holroyd,
    any news re your application? We are in the same boat as well. My Visa is expiring in Dec.

Edit
    Congratulations holroyd! I've found your post history.
    Last edited by Condoriano; 23rd September 2019 at 04:01 PM.