Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: ITA April 2019

Cool ITA April 2019

Getting the conversation rolling for ITA Submissions in April 2019 for SMC Residency Visa with Immigration NZ Manukau Office.

Points Claimed: 190

Timeline:

EOI Submission: 10/02/2019
    EOI Selection: 20/02/2019
    ITA Received: 25/02/2019
    ITA Lodgement: 11/04/2019

Current Status: In queue for CO Assignment. And by the looks of it might be end of the year towards the Christmas break.

Or Mid January because of December break if not first week of February
    I didn't mean to scare you haha

Quote Originally Posted by onyiking View Post
    That is scary. Mine was lodged last week of March, points claimed 170, and was expecting CO to be assigned by end of September or early October. Do you really expect it to be that late?

Thanks,
    Ved

Quote Originally Posted by VedSaumya View Post
    That is scary. Mine was lodged last week of March, points claimed 170, and was expecting CO to be assigned by end of September or early October. Do you really expect it to be that late?

Thanks,
    Ved
    The current time for CO Assignment based on the other threads is around 200 days approximately. So I believe 6-7 months is to be expected as of today. But again there is no said timelines, it may be before/after. Best is to keep fingers crossed and wait.

Quote Originally Posted by onyiking View Post
    IKR. It's just that there is nothing that can be done. All we can do is wait. I'm covered for another two years in terms of Visa. So I'm taking it cool and waiting for things to move.
    Last edited by toughbloke; 8th July 2019 at 01:06 PM. Reason: Update Quote

Update today from INZ Manukau Immigration Manager: it's taking 213 days (or 7 months & 1 day) for them to allocate SMC applications to a CO from lodgement date (they are allocating applications lodged on 7 December 2018 to Immigration Officers today).

Quote Originally Posted by EGoodhue View Post
    Update today from INZ Manukau Immigration Manager: it's taking 213 days (or 7 months & 1 day) for them to allocate SMC applications to a CO from lodgement date (they are allocating applications lodged on 7 December 2018 to Immigration Officers today).
    Thank you for the update Ms. Goodhue. You've been really helpful. This means I'm looking at another 125 days to CO assignment as of today. Just hoping the timeline is not pushed any further. Thanks again for your continued contribution in this forum.

It appears that the allocation of SMC applications to Immigration Officers has come to a grinding halt - upon enquiring about the date that applications were lodged that were being allocated to IO's on Monday this week, I was told by an Immigration Manager at Manukau that applications lodged on 7 December were being allocated. This has not changed since Monday 8 July. When I enquired further as to why it appeared allocations were not happening at all, the IM referred to "staff shortages" but I do not believe he is being honest. I believe it has more to do with the fact that INZ now has more Residence applications on-hand for processing than there are now spaces left for approved Residence under the NZ Residence Programme until 31 December 2019. Unfortunately, no one at INZ is being honest enough to confirm this, but this news article more or less confirms it: https://www.newsroom.co.nz/2019/07/1...XP6RuTrE5vEZI#.
    I will check in with INZ again for an update next Monday and see what the story is then.

Quote Originally Posted by EGoodhue View Post
    It appears that the allocation of SMC applications to Immigration Officers has come to a grinding halt - upon enquiring about the date that applications were lodged that were being allocated to IO's on Monday this week, I was told by an Immigration Manager at Manukau that applications lodged on 7 December were being allocated. This has not changed since Monday 8 July. When I enquired further as to why it appeared allocations were not happening at all, the IM referred to "staff shortages" but I do not believe he is being honest. I believe it has more to do with the fact that INZ now has more Residence applications on-hand for processing than there are now spaces left for approved Residence under the NZ Residence Programme until 31 December 2019. Unfortunately, no one at INZ is being honest enough to confirm this, but this news article more or less confirms it: https://www.newsroom.co.nz/2019/07/1...XP6RuTrE5vEZI#.
    I will check in with INZ again for an update next Monday and see what the story is then.
    Is it for the calendar year or Financial Year? If it's on the calendar year on the brighter side they should be able to clear all backlogs before they start assigning applications to CO's again which means it should be a bit faster to process. All I can do is look at the positive aspects and hope that the situation is resolved soon. Fingers crossed. And thanks a ton for keeping the anxious members of this forum updated.

From what I'm reading it simply means that there will be no more assignments of applications past 7 December 2018 until the end of the year. Once 1 January 2020 comes around, they'll start processing applications again from 7 December 2018. However, those applications will form part of drastically cut numbers, meaning that they'll probably only assign applications up to about March or April 2019....and then they'll stop assigning applications again until the next year.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast